Senior Software QA Engineer
About the Team:
AppDirect is the leading cloud service marketplace company dedicated to revolutionizing the way businesses run. We offer a cloud service marketplace and management platform that enables companies to distribute web-based services. The global network of AppDirect-powered marketplaces allows businesses to find, buy, and manage the best applications the cloud has to offer.
With our award-winning platform, service providers can launch a state-of-the-art online application store within a matter of weeks, while developers can integrate once and make their software available across multiple marketplaces worldwide. Our products offer more advanced features and tools than any other competitive solution, putting AppDirect at the forefront of the rapidly evolving market for cloud services delivery.
We are rapidly expanding and looking to hire talented and ambitious software engineering talent in Pune. As a member of the team, you will create, grow, and manage a distributed network of marketplaces and applications. We love entrepreneurial spirit and those who bring experience from established organizations. You are a highly technical, hands-on developer with a passion for producing maintainable and robust code. You will design and develop well-tested software, build mission critical services, and APIs that scale with our increasingly elegant set of features.
What you'll do and how you'll make an impact:
- Represent the interests of users and customers through relentless pursuit of a quality product
- Document issues and bugs; relentlessly move each bug through its life cycle
- Design and create manual tests in a TCM tool like TestRail
- Test automation for REST APIs using RestAssure and Java
- Contract test automation using Pact.io
- Performance testing using JMeter or Gatling
- Automate mundane tasks and build meaningful dashboards for the team to promote efficiency
- Collaborate with developers, QA team, product managers, partners and consultants to deliver the highest quality with each release
- Consistently raise the bar of what exceptional quality looks like by researching and promoting improved QA practices for the team
What you'll need:
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience with Automation Testing.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Experience with QA methodologies for large scale web applications, understanding of software development process
- Worked in agile environment and knowledge about jira
- Experience with automation tools like Selenium with Java and TestNG
- Basic knowledge/hands on experience of DevOps tools like Jenkins, Docker
- Basic knowledge/hands on experience for build tools like Maven, Gradle
- Basic knowledge/hands on source control tools like git, bitbucket etc.
- SQL Basics (preferably MySQL, mongodb)
- Good troubleshooting instincts and skills for frontend, backend and other components of the web application stack
- Well-versed with unix/linux commands
- Excellent soft skills and a demonstrated ability to multitask and manage time efficiently
- Open to flexible work timings for collaborating with remote teams in different parts of the world
- Experience of working in SDET role
- Test automation using NodeJS, Puppeteer or similar tools
- Knowledge about microservice architecture, Contract testing using Pact.io
- Knowledge of browser debug tools and log and alerts management tools like Splunk, Kibana
AppDirect is the only end-to-end commerce platform for selling, distributing, and managing cloud-based products and services to succeed in the digital economy. The AppDirect ecosystem connects channels, developers, and customers through its platform to simplify the digital supply chain by enabling the onboarding and sale of products with third-party services, for any channel, on any device, with support. Powering millions of cloud subscriptions worldwide, AppDirect helps organizations, including Jaguar Land Rover, Comcast, ADP, and Deutsche Telekom connect their customers to the solutions they need to reach their full potential in the digital economy.
We believe that the unique contributions of all AppDirectors is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.