Senior Software Engineer
Who Boundless is
We’re a team of immigrants and experts who have struggled with our own journeys through the complex, high-stakes U.S. immigration system. That is why we are building deeply customer-centric products and experiences to become the default trusted partner for all families through their entire immigration journey and their first ten years of life in a new country.
We are now the largest player in the family immigration industry, helping tens of thousands of families every year achieve their dreams, and becoming the first brand in an industry that has never had one before.
We're backed by influential venture investors around the country, including Foundry Group (led by Brad Feld), Emerson Collective (Laurene Powell Jobs’ foundation), Pioneer Square Labs, Two Sigma Ventures, Trilogy Equity Partners, and Jerry Yang, and are well-capitalized for growth.
What you’ll do
As a Senior Software Engineer at Boundless, you will work with a team of passionate engineers responsible for core product and services at Boundless. Engineer’s contributions have a significant impact on the success of the company and directly help thousands of immigrants.
The role would include delivery towards our product goals while also contributing to drive technical excellence. As an early state company, engineers help shape the technical foundation of the company’s future.
Location: Remote in United States & Canada
In this role, you will
- Learn about immigration and the immigrant journey to the US
- Collaborate with other engineers and Product Manager to plan, size, and deliver on product goals
- Drive ambiguous projects from end to end in collaboration with stakeholders
- Build, automated test, and maintain key boundless systems and tech
- Identify areas necessary for technical improvement to enable future tech stack growth
- Contribute to the culture of sharing knowledge of our tech stack to other teams
- 5+ years of overall software development experience
- Experience architecting and building customer-facing software systems
- Self-directed to take project from planning to execution independently
- Experience effectively leading collaboration and discussion with stakeholders
- Experience collaborating with product to build customer-facing software
- Flexible, nimble thinking that adapts and evolves to the dynamic nature of a startup and the immigration domain, and the ability to bring others along when plans need to change
- An empathy for the experience of immigrants and the desire to make a positive impact in the lives of families around the world
Why work for Boundless?
Boundless offers employees the unique opportunity to grow professionally as leaders in the online immigration industry while driving positive social change. Every employee is essential to achieving our core mission of empowering every family to navigate the immigration system more confidently, rapidly and affordably.
We are trailblazers in the online immigration space because we aren’t constrained by convention - We think without bounds. Boundless is a place for employees who aren’t afraid to continuously try new things. We value a spirit of inquiry and look for individuals who ask questions and challenge ideas to move us forward, to understand the why. We encourage our employees to focus on outcomes over output and to address complex challenges with simple solutions. Boundless is all about ownership, accountability, and flexibility in how we approach our individual company roles, and the industry as a whole.
Visit careers.boundless.com to learn more about Boundless, including our perks and benefits!
Something looks off?