Junior Web Frontend Engineer
Canvas mobile 3D capture application is transforming the remodelling and renovation industry. Just by scanning with an iPhone, Canvas can capture a 3D model of a house in minutes and then convert it into a CAD model. We are a global remote-first company with presence in the United States and Europe, and have many distributed employees.
In 2013 we released the world's first mobile 3D sensor. Over the years we've built a top technology for SLAM, 3D reconstruction, and conversion of scans into semantic CAD models. In 2020, Canvas was featured in Apple’s own keynote about the iPhone 12 Pro as a significant example of what you can do with its new LiDAR sensor.
We are looking for a Junior Web Frontend Engineer to help us build the user-facing web parts of our product, internal tooling and website. The role assumes active collaboration with our Backend, Design, iOS and Ops teams. It is ideal for someone who likes variety in the type of projects they work on.
What you’ll do:
- Build products and tools that directly help thousands of architecture, design, and renovation companies save time and grow their business with 3D capture, and will help our team serve them better.
- Develop tools that empower our internal operations team to efficiently manage scan data.
- Implement the UI layer of the web-based scan visualization software.
- Build frontend for the customer-facing accounts portal and the internal operations portal.
- Maintain and improve the company's website, in close collaboration with the go-to-market team and designers.
You should have:
- Professional experience in a similar role, solving real customer problems and building systems at high self-sufficiency level.
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Experience with React or Vue.js.
- Experience with Git.
- Strong communication skills. We are a high-communication team, so you’ll be expected to share progress frequently, and raise blockers and concerns proactively.
Nice to have:
- Web full-stack experience.
- Knowledge of Python.
- Familiarity with Django (and Django Rest Framework).
Pay, perks and such:
At Canvas, we offer a full slate of benefits, including competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverages, FSA, HSA, flexible vacation, a 401(k) plan (or equivalent) and a parental leave program. We also offer some not-so-standard, extra-fun benefits, including learning and development stipends, along with a few others to come.
We value diversity and believe forming teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and different industries to apply. Come join us and find out what the best work of your career could look like here at Canvas.
Compensation will be based on experience and skill, commensurate with market rates and will include both salary and equity in Canvas.
Canvas is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment to our employees and welcome input from candidates and employees on how we can enhance our inclusiveness.