Principal Product Marketing Manager
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, artist, and researcher in the world.
We’re looking for a Principal Product Marketing Manager with a strong technical and communications background to drive market adoption of our 3D printers, and related accessories and materials. You will work on our core SLA technology and products, and manage the overall go-to-market strategy across the company, through core messaging and positioning, new product launches, content creation, sales enablement, analytics, and understanding the market and competition. Product Marketers at Formlabs are expected to be the closest to our products and our customers - sitting between the Product and Marketing teams, with a talent for attention-grabbing copywriting.
Product Marketing at Formlabs is a pivotal team, where you will work with product management, design, engineering, manufacturing, web, and content to get things done. This is a fast-paced environment, where we launch new materials to market every couple of months, with large hardware announcements every couple of years.
If you’re passionate about launching new products or reinforcing product messaging across everything we do, in sales, services and marketing, we want you to join our team as a Principal Product Marketing Manager.
This role requires an on site presence in our Somerville, MA office 3 days per week.
- Be the “quarterback” of our launches of our new hardware, software, and / or materials products
- Nurture existing products by suggesting / executing changes in marketing and positioning
- Strategically define and execute on our positioning, branding, and other campaign activities across the Go to Market Org.
- Connect market and technology trends with Formlabs’ products to build product positioning and messaging for verticals, buyer personas, and use cases
- Regularly track, and assess competitors, and adjust Formlabs’ product marketing accordingly as industry situation changes
- Develop technical training, messaging decks, internal FAQs, product guides, etc. that allow our sales team to succeed while driving competitive differentiation
- Promote and demo Formlabs products at conferences, trade shows, events and to analysts and potential customers
- Develop deep expertise in our 3D printing technologies, materials, and portfolios
- 7+ years of experience in product marketing, product management, or sales engineering, ideally with highly technical products and customers
- Prior experience adjusting the positioning and messaging of a product line or brand across the industry
- Independently able to drive launches and Go to Market strategy and execution of new products regularly
- Ability to think holistically, and contribute business value outside of your “core” lane(s) across functions
- High level of initiative and strong business judgment; comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Conducted independent primary and secondary market research to understand trends and analyze competitive landscapes
- Proven ability to work independently and cross-functionally to complete projects
- Passionate about technology and 3D printing
- Engineering or other Technical Degree
- 3D printing industry experience
Our Perks & Benefits:
- Robust equity program to build future wealth through RSUs
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Low cost fund options in our 401K and access to advisors
- Generous paid Parental Leave (up to 16 weeks)
- Tenure-based paid Sabbatical Leave (up to 6 weeks)
- Flexible Out of Office Plan – Take time when you need it
- Ample on-site parking & pre-tax commuter benefits
- Healthy on-site lunches, snacks, beverages, & treats
- Regular sponsored professional development opportunities
- Many opt-in culture events across our diverse community
- And of course… unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.