Settings Optimization Validation Intern (Winter/Spring 2024)
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Our print settings are what brings Formlabs’ innovations in materials, hardware, software and print processes to life for our users. We are a collaborative, diverse team passionate about continuously improving the performance of our settings in order to deliver the best print performance and user experience in the industry.
If you are enthusiastic about 3D printing, want hands-on experience with printers, and are interested in exploring the 3D printing industry, we want you as a a Settings Optimization Validation Intern
Internship Term: Winter/Spring 2024 (approximate dates: January 22 - April 26)
Location: Onsite in Somerville, MA
Application Requirements: We would love to see what you've built or worked on. A portfolio is recommended for this application.
- Execute test procedures on our SLA printers using all of our resins, including new resins and hardware
- Learn and operate high accuracy measurement equipment
- Meticulously log data, record outcomes and communicate results effectively
- Maintain a fleet of printers and allocate them efficiently to prioritize work
- Take part in organizing the workspace and work environment
- Well-organized, good time management, and excellent attention to detail
- Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Communicate test results effectively and in a timely manner
- Experience working with protocols/SOPs
- Enthusiastic and interested in 3D printing
Bonus Skills (Optional):
- Basic understanding programming and scientific computing, ideally Python and/or Matlab
- Familiar with mechanical design and CAD modeling (Solidworks/OpenScad/Onshape a plus
Internships at Formlabs give students the opportunity to create, build, solve, and discover in every area of our business. Come build your career and build the future of 3D printing. Internship perks include social events, networking opportunities, access to our fully-stocked kitchens and onsite lunches, and unlimited 3D printing!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.