Manufacturing Engineering Intern (Winter/Spring 2024)
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Our passion is designing and building powerful 3D printing tools. Our manufacturing team is responsible for research and development of the manufacturing processes for all of Formlabs products. They work cross functionally with mechanical design, electrical, and materials teams.
If you’re excited to own an independent internship project within the manufacturing team, we want you as a Manufacturing Engineering Intern.
Internship Term: Winter/Spring 2024 (approximate dates: January 8 or 22 - April 26)
Location: Onsite in Somerville, MA
- As the principal investigator, conduct a research project on how manufacturing and/or calibration variations in a given printer subsystem affect Factory Test Print (FTP) performance and develop proposal to improve the first-time yield.
- Support the continuous improvement of test and calibration fixtures (e.g. tensioner, accelerometer, etc.) program, including fixture redesign, inventory / asset management, and preventive maintenance plans.
- Co-develop method, processes, procedures, and work instruction.
- Have working proficiency with CAD (e.g. Fusion, Solidworks, etc.) and 2D drawing creation
- Hands-on, self-motivated, and love to work on hardware
- Skilled at debugging, testing, and identifying the root causes of problems
- Organized, meticulous, and detail-oriented
- Independent, self-starter with strong communication skills
Nice to Have:
- Experience with data visualization, analysis and communication tools (SQL, Tableau, JMP, Minitab, JIRA, Asana, etc)
- Have a desire to understand system level interactions of complex electro-mechanical products.
- Understanding of GD&T principles to define and evaluate quality
Internships at Formlabs give students the opportunity to create, build, solve, and discover in every area of our business. Come build your career and build the future of 3D printing. Internship perks include social events, networking opportunities, access to our fully-stocked kitchens and onsite lunches, and unlimited 3D printing!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.