Tier 1 Customer Support Engineer, Windows & Active Directory - Mexico
Mexico City, Mexico · Remote
Posted on Thursday, April 6, 2023
All roles at JumpCloud are Remote unless otherwise specified in the Job Description.
JumpCloud’s mission is to Make Work Happen®, providing simple, secure access to an organization’s technology resources from any device, or any location. The JumpCloud Open Directory Platform gives IT, security operations, and DevOps a single, cloud-based solution to control and manage employee identities and their devices, and apply conditional access controls based on Zero Trust principals. Since launching in 2012, our global user base has grown to more than 150,000 organizations, with more than 5,000 paying customers including Cars.com, GoFundMe, Grab, ClassPass, Uplight and Peloton. JumpCloud has raised over $400M from world-class investors including Sapphire Ventures, General Atlantic, Sands Capital, Atlassian, and CrowdStrike. Our teams are growing fast, too, and we're looking for talent across engineering, sales, customer success, marketing, product management, and more. Join our team of dedicated, passionate, and creative people who are eager to change the IT industry forever.
About the Role:
As a Technical Support Engineer - Tier 1 you will be responsible for providing world-class technical support to JumpCloud’s customers. We are looking for a highly technical self-starter that is driven to exceed customer expectations across JumpCloud’s various support channels. This position will resolve high priority and mission critical customer issues in a fast-paced environment. As a Technical Support Engineer- Tier 1 apply your technical knowledge to resolve customer issues, and regularly interface across Support and Engineering to ensure the timely resolution of defects.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Provide technical support, troubleshooting and issue resolution to our customers via email, telephone, chat or remote web session.
- Manage a queue of support tickets for high priority and complex technical issues
- Reproduce issues in-house and respond to customers in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with peers, mentors, our knowledge base, community forums and other internal tools to provide the most effective, world-class solutions for our customers.
- Collaborate with Product and Learning teams to ensure customer education programs are accurate and up to date
- Maintain a technical understanding of the entire JumpCloud Platform
- Collaborate with Account Manager and Implementation Engineers to ensure the success of our new customers as they transition into the day to day use of our product
- Develop and maintain internal knowledge base articles to increase shared knowledge among the entire support engineering team
- Collaborate with peers on projects aimed at improving the customer and support engineer experiences
- On-call rotation required. Duration - 1 week intervals. Duties include monitoring of status updates and external customer responses to incoming cases during outage.
What We're Looking for:
- Inspired technology professionals who love the challenge of supporting our customers and internal teams to ensure the successful adoption, usage, and integration of our Cloud Directory Platform.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a technical, customer-facing position, preferably in a SaaS environment
- Minimum of 1 year experience working with mission critical customer issues and customer and technical escalations
- Excellent interpersonal communication
- Passion for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer-facing environment
- Ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- A logical approach to problem solving
- Basic understand of several of the following concepts:
- In-depth knowledge of the Windows platform - Registry Hives, LGPOs, PowerShell and CMD, Windows Credential Manager (WCM), Event Logging, Windows Home/Pro/Server Experience
- In-depth knowledge of the Active Directory platform - Domain Forests, GPOs, Azure Active Directory (AAD), User/Group Management, Network Architecture and Design
- Networking & Authentication (RADIUS)
- Directory Services (Active Directory, G Suite, Okta, LDAP)
- Single Sign-on (SAML+ SCIM)
- User onboarding and offboarding
- Information security best practices
- REST APIs
- Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm MT
- Sunday- Thursday, 3:00pm - 12:00am MT
- Monday - Friday, 3:00pm - 12:00am MT
Where you’ll be working/Location:
JumpCloud is committed to being Remote First, meaning that you are able to work remotely within the country noted in the Job Description.
This role is remote in the country of Mexico. You must be located in and authorized to work in Mexico to be considered for this role.
If you thrive working in a fast, SaaS-based environment and you are passionate about solving challenging technical problems, we look forward to hearing from you! JumpCloud is an incredible place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with amazing talent across each department who are passionate about our mission. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique ideas and approaches for conceiving a product and/or feature will be welcome. You’ll have a voice in the organization as you work with a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and in a proven market that our customers are excited about.
One of JumpCloud's three core values is to “Build Connections.” To us that means creating " human connection with each other regardless of our backgrounds, orientations, geographies, religions, languages, gender, race, etc. We care deeply about the people that we work with and want to see everyone succeed." - Rajat Bhargava, CEO
Please submit your résumé and brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud. Please note JumpCloud is not accepting third party resumes at this time.
JumpCloud is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
See more open positions at JumpCloud
Something looks off?