Senior Product Manager, Basemap
Mapbox is the leading real-time location platform for a new generation of location-aware businesses. Mapbox is the only platform that equips organizations with the full set of tools to power the navigation of people, packages, and vehicles everywhere. More than 3.9 million registered developers have chosen Mapbox because of the platform’s flexibility, security, and privacy compliance. Organizations use Mapbox applications, data, SDKs, and APIs to create customized and immersive experiences that delight their customers.
What We Do
The Basemap team is responsible for curating and maintaining cartographic basemap data that is used in our Mapbox-owned core styles (check out this blog post to learn about our latest release!) and by customers such as Toyota, BMW, Strava, Yahoo Japan, and Nextdoor. The product you’ll be responsible for is seen by more than 700M monthly active users.
What You'll Do
We're looking for a Sr. Product Manager to partner with a passionate group of engineers, designers, and a variety of customers and internal stakeholders to create new maps for Automotive, Logistics, Gaming, Consumer Applications, Outdoors, and more. Your team will work with the machine learning, data curation teams, and cartographers to create maps that contain relevant and up-to-date data for any customer use case by processing new data types such as points of interests, popular areas, outdoor, and 3D features into maps. You are a product leader who is comfortable using data to inform decisions, demonstrates customer empathy, and has solid instincts.
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- 4+ years as a Product Manager: You have seen a significant product through a full lifecycle of discovery, development, launch, and adoption.
- Customer focus: You care deeply about your customer’s problems with a keen eye towards design and user experience.
- Analytical: You have strong SQL skills and use data for decision making.
- Prioritization: You have clear rationale behind the tradeoffs you make.
- Communication: You can talk and write about complex ideas concisely.
- Quality: You drive a culture of quality and balance it with velocity.
- Collaboration: You can work with cross-functional teams to determine dependencies and communicate them effectively.
- Ownership: You can develop and execute a plan based on high level direction for feature or product development.
- Invent & Simplify: You drive toward the simplest possible solution that drives the most value for customers.
- Geolocation: Familiarity and interest in visual mapping, search or navigation is desired. E.g. architecture, use cases, known limitations, state of the art approach
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Something looks off?