Senior Software Engineer, API Infrastructure
Mapbox is the leading real-time location platform for a new generation of location-aware businesses. Mapbox is the only platform that equips organizations with the full set of tools to power the navigation of people, packages, and vehicles everywhere. More than 3.9 million registered developers have chosen Mapbox because of the platform’s flexibility, security, and privacy compliance. Organizations use Mapbox applications, data, SDKs, and APIs to create customized and immersive experiences that delight their customers.
What You'll Do
You will join our team to accelerate feature development of our compute platform and assist teams in migrating from container instances to Fargate. In this role, you can expect to:
- Work on the infrastructure that powers our major Maps, Navigation and Search API services which handle billions of requests per hour
- Promote a culture of operational excellence by being on call and meticulously testing and monitoring all changes you and the team make to our systems
- Support internal customers by not only shipping features to our products that address their needs but also working across teams to advise on optimal implementations
- Document your work and decision-making processes with excellent context on tickets, detailed explanations on code changes, and by leading presentations and discussions in a way that ensures knowledge is shared transparently with other engineers
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- Proven ability to design and develop sophisticated, efficient, and durable infrastructure on AWS
- Experience with our tech stack (Node.js, Docker and AWS)
- Experience with API services at scale
- Track record of building self-service and high-quality tools for developers with a customer-driven mindset
- A desire to share your expertise through documentation, mentorship, and both written and vocal discussion
- A desire to work with individuals with diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences
- Autonomy and proactivity around driving work to completion in the face of ambiguity
- Experience with Kubernetes is a plus
- AWS certification is a plus
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Something looks off?