Hardware Product Development Program Manager
Other Engineering, Product, Operations
Tampa, FL, USA
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2023
"Best Places to Work 2021" -SF Business Times
Molekule Group Inc. is looking for a Hardware Product Development Program Manager to join our diverse and fast-growing team. Your work will directly enable the Molekule teams to continue to create, launch, sell, and support new products that deeply impact human health and well-being across the globe, starting with the air we breathe.
The Hardware Product Development Program Manager takes ownership during the Hardware Product Development cycle. You will be responsible for managing diverse teams across multiple locations to develop plans, manage deliverables, report status, indicate blockers, develop mitigations, make decisions, and launch our next generation of products. This role is both a facilitator and manager, helping teams manage their tactical plans and rolling them all into one concrete top level plan. This role interacts with every discipline in the sprint, including but not limited to Product Management, Industrial Design, User Experience, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Firmware, Software, Quality Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Regulatory, Compliance, Customer Service and Supply Chain. This role can be thought of as a cross-functional Technical Program Manager who is also responsible for guiding the creative and product teams into one cohesive product development plan.
In addition to managing internal team output, this role assumes responsibility as the primary liaison between internal teams and external development partners. This involves interacting with Program Managers at partner institutions to deliver products on schedule, within budget, and meeting requirements. You will represent Molekule during meetings and help identify and mitigate possible blockers at partner institutions. The ideal candidate will have well-established program management fundamentals, a firm understanding of the product development process for either consumer or medical products. This candidate should have a track record of delivering products in previous product development endeavors.
What You Will Own:
- Ownership of Hardware Product Development program activities from product concept to launch.
- Facilitating the collection of business requirements from key stakeholders, converting them to technical requirements, managing their prioritization with development teams.
- Manage internal communication of current status, overall goals, facilitate definition of team roles, enable cross collaboration with internal teams and those abroad.
- Interface between vendors and product engineering teams, setting and managing schedules and milestones and facilitating Supply Chain Management teams as required.
- Lead internal team meetings, design reviews, create weekly executive updates, lead technical reviews, and all associated programmatic documentation for the executive team.
- Mitigate risks, identify gaps and help the team resolve them proactively when possible and escalate to management when appropriate.
- Oversee documentation effort with team members to meet requirements and comply with our Quality Management system.
What You Bring To The Team:
- 5+ years of program management dealing with the development of physical products.
- Experience managing teams developing consumer, medical, or defense products.
- Experience managing a cross-functional team to ship products on time and on budget.
- Highly organized and capable of managing several work streams with local and remote team members.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills Leverages modern program management tools enabling cross-collaboration across time zones.
- Self-motivated and able to motivate team members enable delivery of tasks.
- Experience with all stages of modern product development, from Conceptual Design, to Prototyping Phases, Engineering Validation, Design Validation, and Production Validation and Ramp-Up phases.
- Comfortable leading diverse meeting types including kickoffs, design reviews, executive meetings, supplier reviews.
- BA/BS degree in a Technical Field.
- Experience managing a high-volume, mass manufactured product development process.
- Experience with several product development collaboration models (OEM, ODM, JDM, CM), particularly those featuring extension of the domestic development teams.
- Experience in using modern program management tools including Arena, Confluence, Jira, TestRail or equivalent products.
- Project Management Certification (PMP).
What's In It For You:
- Career Growth: progress and learn, stability, career development/path.
- Work Environment: autonomy, ownership, recognition of achievements, life-work balance (see what we did there), challenges.
- Culture: transparency of goals and plans, support, collaboration, trust, community, passion, growth mindset.
- Benefits: time off, matching 401K, flexibility (i.e.: work day start and end times).
- Compensation: fairness, timeliness, compensation system.
We are Molekule and we’re changing air purification. Molekule was created with a goal of using the power of science to eliminate indoor air pollution around the world. Our vision is to change the world from the indoors out by improving the safety and health of the places where we live, conduct business, learn, heal and connect. It’s a lofty goal, but that's why we need you!
Making Life Easy For Someone Else
"For our colleagues, for our customers, and for those who don't have equitable access."
Say The Hard Thing
"We solve problems with empathy and honesty."
Trust The Data
"We are guided by science and make decision based on the numbers, even if it means changing our opinion."
Make The Invisible Visible
"We reveal and address inefficient and inequitable dynamics at work and in the world."
Push For 1% More
"We have a growth mindset and push for positive change every day."
Act As Community
"We face challenges together. We celebrate victories together. We share skills together."
Molekule is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider employment for qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Company will also not discharge, or in any manner discriminate or retaliate against, any employee who discloses their own wages, discusses the wages of others, inquires about another employee’s wages, or aids or encourages any other employee to do the same. The Company is not obligated to disclose wages unless its State mandated.
Applicants with disabilities may e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, to request and arrange for accommodations. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.