Financial Planning & Analysis Manager (FP&A)
Canvas mobile 3D capture application is transforming the remodelling and renovation industry. Just by scanning with an iPhone, Canvas can capture a 3D model of a house in minutes and then convert it into a CAD model. We are a global remote-first company with presence in the United States and Europe, and have many distributed employees.
In 2013 we released the world's first mobile 3D sensor. Over the years we've built a top technology for SLAM, 3D reconstruction, and conversion of scans into semantic CAD models. In 2020, Canvas was featured in Apple’s own keynote about the iPhone 12 Pro as a significant example of what you can do with its new LiDAR sensor.
About the role:
Canvas is looking for its first FP&A Manager to lead the financial planning and analysis function. You will oversee the processes for budgeting, financial forecasting, and reporting. The position will have responsibility for partnering with senior business leaders to understand the drivers of revenue, cost and profitability, and help drive better decision making through improved financial information. This is a high-visibility role and will interact with senior business and finance leaders throughout the company. You will report to the CFO.
- Partner with business stakeholders to understand their financial needs, support company leadership to implement financial and operational goals, and apply financial insights to improve decision-making
- Drive Financial planning, budgeting & forecasting processes
- Build and maintain forecasting and analytical models, including driver based models and unit economics analysis
- Identify, design and report various financial and business metrics via weekly, monthly and quarterly dashboards or reports for the CFO and executive team
- Drive deep dive analysis to enable decision making, execution and/or strategic planning
- Weekly, monthly, and quarterly business & financial performance reporting
- Detailed headcount and full-time equivalent reporting & analysis
- Ad-hoc analysis covering numerous areas of business performance
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or a relevant/related field
- 4+ years of experience in financial planning, analysis, management reporting, and financial modeling/forecasting
- Ability to present financial information to both financial and non-financial audiences
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills, with high integrity
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with internal and external contacts ranging in seniority from entry-level employee up to CEO
- Detail-oriented and able to perform in a time-sensitive environment
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills: demonstrated ability to structure complex problems, develop solutions, and craft high quality project plans
- Advanced knowledge of google sheets with demonstrated proficiency in advanced functions
- Extensive modeling and presentation development skills
- Familiar in working with FP&A and other reporting tools; Ideal if candidate has experience with Netsuite/Quickbooks
Pay, perks and such:
At Canvas, we offer a full slate of benefits, including competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverages, FSA, HSA, flexible vacation, a 401(k) plan (or equivalent) and a parental leave program. We also offer some not-so-standard, extra-fun benefits, including learning and development stipends, along with a few others to come.
We value diversity and believe forming teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and different industries to apply. Come join us and find out what the best work of your career could look like here at Canvas.
Compensation will be based on experience and skill, commensurate with market rates and will include both salary and equity in Canvas.
Canvas is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment to our employees and welcome input from candidates and employees on how we can enhance our inclusiveness.