Full Stack Software Engineer
Karachi, Karachi City, Sindh, Pakistan
Posted on Tuesday, June 6, 2023
Headquartered out of Denver, CO, and with an office in Karachi, PK, we’re a small but mighty team on a mission to completely reinvent the future of learning at work.
Introducing Spekit: the new way to learn in today’s remote, digital workplace. Say goodbye to distracted zoom training sessions and lengthy LMS courses your teams will forget. Instead, Spekit takes all of your training & enablement – for applications, processes, sales playbooks, SOPs, and more and embeds that training directly in your employees’ tools & workflows, right when and where they need them. Whether that’s a walkthrough to guide you through creating a quote in Salesforce or a competitor battle card to handle an objection in email, Spekit is your learning companion every step of the way.
The world’s most innovative companies, including Uber Freight, Outreach, Snowflake, Southwest Airlines, and Udemy, leverage Spekit to accelerate onboarding, drive tool adoption, increase productivity, remove the friction of change management, and fuel the growth of their employees – from anywhere.
With over $60M in VC funding from top venture firms, including Craft Ventures, Bonfire Ventures, Renegade Partners, and the Foundry Group, Spekit is the rocket ship you’ll want to be on.
We’re looking for an experienced Full Stack Software Engineer committed to high standards of excellence to help us continue to build world class products for our customers!
We seek customer-focused engineers who can build and test features end-to-end, support systems in production and who can collaborate with the broader team on architectural design, technical debt, and the overall development process.
Spekit is an engineering and product-focused company. As a software engineer on our learning squad, you'll be focused on solidifying the core Spekit building blocks and creating and improving an experience to make Spekit a part of everyday work for users.
Additionally, you’ll get a chance to thrive amongst other extremely talented engineers, while learning and working with a diverse team based in the US, India, Mexico and Pakistan, embracing challenges leading to growth and tapping into new opportunities that will shape the future of learning in the workplace. Not to mention you’ll get to work with leaders like Mike Falanga, Paul Hepworth, Yasir Shafi and Jodi Mesa!
If you’re a do-er who thrives in a fast paced environment and who wants to leverage their expertise to make real, measurable impacts on the future of an organization, we want to hear from you!
What you bring to the table
- Experience in Python (+ Django / Django-Rest, and Dramatiq), PostgreSQL, Redis, & RabbitMQ
- Experience in React
- A test-first mindset, and experience writing unit tests for both Django and React applications.
- Experience building and scaling web applications to broad audiences
- At least 4-6+ years in software developmentA Graduate or Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, or similar technical related field
- Excellent software engineering fundamentals such as SOLID principles, design patterns, UML and other forms of systems design collaboration.
- The tenacity to find the simplest solution, even if that solution is hard work.
- The ability to communicate a vision, and the tactical knowledge on how to incrementally get there.
- A willingness to work through unexpected roadblocks, and leaving improvements behind so that others don’t hit those same roadblocks.
- A desire to develop a product that end users LOVE to use on a day to day basis.
- Building browser extensions
- DOM manipulation
- Monorepo tooling
- Design systems
- Automated acceptance testing
What's in it for you?
- Health Insurance CoverageMedical OPD (upon confirmation)
- Provident Fund & EOBI
- 28 days annual leave + your birthday off!
- Food & Internet Allowance
- Hybrid work environment: Remote-first with company provided home off setup with the option to work from the Karachi office when you feel the need
- Meaningful equity: every employee is granted stock options when they walk in the door
- Multicultural & dynamic environment in fast-growing worldwide business.
- One-of-a-kind company culture: a mixture of open mindset, high dedication, success oriented, and high team spirit.
- Amazing team that is committed to the highest standards of performance.
- L&D stipend that can be used for learning opportunities at your discretion
- Team Lunches & Monthly Events
- The chance to help build from the ground up. The hires we’re making now are foundational to our growth as a company
Things we value, culture-wise:
Grit & Growth. We run towards challenges. If something seems unsolvable, it unleashes our persistence, our creativity, and our ability to move through uncertainty to create a solution.
Simple yet Spektacular. We’re in the early stages of building something really great and that requires a lot of hands on deck and a focus on execution. In this journey, we uncover joy in simplicity, obsess over the experience, pivot quickly and always reach for excellence.
Tenacity. The endless pursuit of customer love! We believe in collaboration, transparency, integrity, trust, listening, doing what is right, and always going above and beyond for our team and customers.
Belonging. We strive to build a company culture inclusive of all voices, differences of opinions, and the permission to be our authentic selves. We accept and celebrate what makes us unique and connects us to one another.
Enjoy the Journey. Love what you do and who you do it with! We embrace joy and kindness and we bring our authentic selves to work each day. We seek to share our optimism and compassion with everyone around us.
About the Team
At Spekit, we strive to be the change we seek. And the change we seek is a wealth of diversity in technology and the workplace. As a company with two female founders, we know that diverse and inclusive cultures drive innovative results. We’ve committed as an organization to elevate underrepresented minorities in technology through awareness, partnerships and even hosting our own scholarships to do our part in changing the status quo. If this sounds like the right place for you, we'd love to chat!