Sales Development Representative Manager
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2023
Due to its remote and hybrid culture, Alation conducts all of its interviewing and onboarding virtually.
Big Data isn’t a problem. It’s an opportunity.
At Alation, we help people find, understand, and trust data. So they not only excel in their work — they drive value for their enterprise, team, and role. In the words of one customer, “Alation makes me look like a rockstar.”
We help companies like Pfizer and Salesforce empower their people with the best data every day. As a platform for innovation, Alation helps customers create game-changing solutions (like a program for early-stage disease detection with Pfizer) and connect people to great data in less time (like Salesforce, whose analysts can now find data 35% faster). And we’re just getting started.
With more than $340M in funding - valued at over $1.7 billion and 450+ customers with household names - Alation is poised to capitalize on data as an opportunity. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Alation was named to Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces list for the fourth time, and our exceptional Glassdoor rating reflects a culture that makes coming to work each day a joy. Do you want to join a team that welcomes new ideas, supports your growth, and recognizes your unique value?
Alation is looking for an SDR Manager to join our high-energy and ever-expanding SDR team in APAC. This position will report to the Senior Director of Sales Development and will have up to 8 SDR’s as direct reports. As the SDR Manager, you will play a pivotal role in shaping and implementing the Inbound and Outbound Sales strategy. You will join a rapidly growing team and will be involved in helping recruit, onboard, and train numerous new hires for success. You will be responsible for growing the SDR team and guiding the team to hit and exceed quarterly quotas. This includes understanding the go-to-market strategy and use cases where Alation is a good solution for our prospects. If you thrive in a fast-paced and exciting environment and want to help build out an extraordinary team and company, then this is the role for you.
This role is incredibly important to the entire company, and you will be working hand-in-hand with leadership to build out the best SDR team that continues to help Alation be the leader in collaborative data cataloging.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Screens, interviews and hires candidates per process
- Motivates the team to perform at their best.
- On-boards SDR’s for first 90 days period to assure smooth transition into Alation.
- Sets expectations for the team and insures that the SDR’s are on track to hit goals.
- Reports on metrics for Director to review for tracking towards goal and quarterly compensation reporting.
- Provides feedback to Director on performance of the team, quality of the leads, efficiencies of the processes being followed.
- Conducts weekly 1:1’s and reinforces individual goals and helps fill the gaps where the team might fall short of goal.
- Writes and conducts annual performance reviews.
- Motivates team to over achieve quotas for Sales Accepted Opportunity production.
- Communicates to upper management with a staffing plan for executing for the quarter.
- Communicates timely and appropriate changes or directions to the team that they can follow.
- Conducts 1:1’s each week with each team member to guide and coach areas that need addressing.
- Has ongoing discussions with the Sales team, AE’s and Directors to align with the assessment of the quality of Opportunity production.
- Trains SDR’s on the messaging and delivery of the Alation value proposition.
- Assists new SDR’s with their discovery calls the first 60 days as needed.
- Shares industry knowledge with the team and trains on terminology that prospects use around their use cases.
- Good Corporate Citizen and example for how SDR’s should be acting professionally in the workplace
- Make recommendations to improve processes and add technologies that can help our SDR team scale.
You Should Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of SDR management experience or equivalent.
- Strong understanding of outbound pipeline generation processes
- Enthusiastic and vibrant attitude
- Expert communication and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence
- Analytical mindset comfortable generating reports and identifying trends in data
- Adept at adopting and rolling out new sales enablement technologies, proficiency with such CRM tools like Salesforce.com and Outreach.io are preferred
The base salary range is specific to the United States. The salary of the final candidate selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to internal equity, experience, education, work location, specialty, and training. If the final candidate has a different level of experience, the base salary target range may be lower or higher than what is published.
More About Alation
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, name, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings including commuter benefits
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge
and much, much more!