Senior Field Quality Engineer
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Friday, February 9, 2024
At WHOOP, we're on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP empowers users to perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives.
As a Senior Field Quality Engineer, you will work closely with WHOOP Manufacturing, Supply Chain & Operations, Hardware Engineering, and Membership Services teams as you will be responsible for field quality, triage on high customer impact returns, and RMA processes/metrics. You will hands-on debug failures and product returns, analyze and action field diagnostic data, and conduct 8D based Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA) to ensure clear and actionable learnings are fed back to technical teams to enable design improvement so our members have a best in class hardware product experience.
- Lead returned product engineering failure analysis, RMA diagnostic testing, and project management to achieve yield, product lifetime, and field performance improvements
- Perform 8D based RCCA for returns and field failures. Analyze results and present detailed, actionable reports to engineering teams and manufacturing partners
- Perform data analytics on returned product, field reliability and field performance data. Create data visualizations for engineering team and stakeholder visibility
- Work alongside the Hardware Product Expert and Membership Services organization to become an expert in field quality issues
- Understand, analyze, and optimize product return strategy, member communications, and field troubleshooting decision trees and SOPs
- Develop field reliability test plans and protocols, partnering with external engineering labs and manufacturing partners to leverage their testing and analysis capabilities
- Improve and monitor factory and supplier quality processes such as Outgoing Quality Control (OQC)
- Develop field validation plans for production changes including plan creation, risk level assessment, performance and failure analysis, and support change approval/rejection
- Project manage field quality initiatives with suppliers, external test providers, and engineering labs, owning the technical definition, schedule, cost, and coordination with all stakeholders and contributors
- Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years experience in quality engineering focusing on field quality, reliability, aftermarket reverse logistics, and transforming data into technically meaningful metrics
- Understand fundamentals of electromechanical design, manufacturing, and engineering test
- Strong written and verbal communication skills of technical details and engineering analyses with domestic and international teams
- Impeccable attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills
- Self motivated and proactive, demonstrating creative and critical thinking capabilities in a team environment
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally (up to 10%)
This role is based in the WHOOP office located in Boston, MA. The successful candidate must be prepared to relocate if necessary to work out of the Boston, MA office.
Interested in the role, but don’t meet every qualification? We encourage you to still apply! At WHOOP, we believe there is much more to a candidate than what is written on paper, and we value character as much as experience. As we continue to build a diverse and inclusive environment, we encourage anyone who is interested in this role to apply.
WHOOP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-verify to determine employment eligibility.