Staff Devops Engineer
Become a digital, global citizen and enable the new generation of digital entrepreneurs around the world. AppDirect offers a subscription commerce platform to sell any product, through any channel, on any device - as a service. We power millions of subscriptions worldwide for organizations. We do this by our values-driven culture - one that enables you to Be Seen, Be Yourself, and Do Your Best Work.
About the Team:
AppDirect is the leading cloud service marketplace company dedicated to revolutionizing the way businesses run. We offer a cloud service marketplace and management platform that enables companies to distribute digital services. The global network of AppDirect-powered marketplaces allows businesses to find, buy, and manage the best applications the cloud has to offer.
With our award-winning platform, service providers can launch a state-of-the-art online application store within a matter of weeks, while developers can integrate once and make their software available across multiple marketplaces worldwide. Our products offer more advanced features and tools than any other competitive solution, putting AppDirect at the forefront of the rapidly evolving market for cloud services delivery.The Cloud Operations team’s mission is to operate and innovate a shared self-service platform that is an enabler for Agile Engineering and Business (automate, deliver, empower, scale). We aim to provide an agile infrastructure to multiple engineering teams ensuring availability, quality, security and standardization.
Your primary role will be to maintain and scale the current platform as well as to design and integrate new tools to the platform as needed. You will contribute to accelerate product delivery while promoting operational excellence by collaborating with the development teams, system operators and other IT staff to manage code releases in production.
How you’ll make an impact & what you’ll do:
- Maintain and manage the different tools and systems used to support the engineering needs of the organization inside and outside of Production Engineering teams.
- Apply continuous improvement mindset on the tools based on the feedback and support requests received.
- Navigate and understand the overall landscape of infrastructure over the company to support our business.
- Operate, manage and monitor the infrastructure components in the Cloud.
- Write production-ready code and implement coding best practices.
- Consistently design code that is aligned with the overall service architecture.
- Understand the testing pyramid, and write unit tests as well as higher level tests in accordance with it.
- Uses systematic debugging to diagnose cross service issues, sometimes with help from more senior engineers. Writes root cause analysis when applicable.
- Approaches all engineering work with a security lens. Actively looks for security vulnerabilities both in the code and when providing peer reviews.
- Tune and adjust the monitoring with awareness of the operational data for their team’s domain and use it as a basis for suggesting stability and performance improvements.
- On call support on rotation.
What you'll need:
- Bachelor degree or master degree in software engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as software engineer.
- Experienced with distributed systems at scale.
- Systems knowledge: OS concepts, OS management, Live terminal tools.
- Has a good foundation on networking, security, operating systems, databases and service configurations.
- Hands-on knowledge of Source Code Management (Version Control System) tools like Git
- Hands-on experience on Programming Languages (Python, Go Lang, etc.)
- Good knowledge of Continuous Integration/Delivery pipelines, and corresponding tools such as Argo. Knowledge of Jenkins is an asset.
- Knowledge of major cloud service providers, like AWS, Azure, etc.
- Hands-on experience of Infrastructure as Code (Programmable Infrastructure), and how you can achieve that by using tools like TerraForm, Salt, Ansible, etc.
- Hands-on knowledge of software containerization platforms like Docker and container orchestration tools like Kubernetes
- Communication, both internal and external to the team
- Knowledge of Agile (scrum framework)
- Recognized as a team player and with good adaptability
- Creative problem solving and incident management
- Critical thinking
- Ability to learn quickly
- Leadership (continuous improvement)
AppDirect is the only end-to-end commerce platform for selling, distributing, and managing cloud-based products and services to succeed in the digital economy. The AppDirect ecosystem connects channels, developers, and customers through its platform to simplify the digital supply chain by enabling the onboarding and sale of products with third-party services, for any channel, on any device, with support. Powering millions of cloud subscriptions worldwide, AppDirect helps organizations, including Jaguar Land Rover, Comcast, ADP, and Deutsche Telekom connect their customers to the solutions they need to reach their full potential in the digital economy.
We believe that the unique contributions of all AppDirectors are the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Something looks off?