Database Reliability Engineering
Become a digital, global citizen and enable the new generation of digital entrepreneurs around the world. AppDirect offers a subscription commerce platform to sell any product, through any channel, on any device - as a service. We power millions of subscriptions worldwide for organizations. We do this by our values-driven culture - one that enables you to Be Seen, Be Yourself, and Do Your Best Work.
We are looking to hire a skilled and ambitious Database Reliability Engineer. We love entrepreneurial spirit and someone that has a data as a service mindset. You are also highly technical, with a strong drive to learn and a sense for efficiency through automation? Then this might be the opportunity for you!
What You’ll Do and How You’ll Make an Impact
- Lead & Influence database migrations, database blue/green deployments, data archiving & partitioning strategies
- Improved our Database security posture with least privileges principles, auditing capabilities and facilitate database access & governance
- Guide engineers in providing purpose-built database solutions(Relational,Key Value,Document) that fits requirements
- Accelerate operations & improve our observability/alerting capabilities by designing and implementing self-healing & automated solutions
- Research solutions to complex problems and drive proof-of-concepts
- Develop and maintain knowledge base through high-quality documentation
- Deliver quality solutions/process through CI/CD and automation
What You’ll Need
- 2+ years experience with both MySQL and MongoDB
- 2+ years experience with AWS
- Good understanding of Infrastructure as Code (Programmable Infrastructure), and how you can achieve that by using tools like TerraForm, AWS cdk, etc
- Hands-on knowledge of software containerization platforms like Docker and container orchestration tools like Kubernetes
- Experience in Scripting/automation tooling (bash/python or Ansible)
- Good knowledge and understanding of data structures and experience handling large data sets
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to self-manage, think critically, handle multiple tasks and/or projects and deliver solutions autonomously
- Ability to clearly communicate complex ideas to a technical audience
- Experience working in a distributed team is an asset
- Experience working in an Agile Kanban environment
- Experience with MongoDB Atlas & Microsoft Azure is an asset
- Experience with SQL Server & PostgreSQL is an asset
AppDirect is the only end-to-end commerce platform for selling, distributing, and managing cloud-based products and services to succeed in the digital economy. The AppDirect ecosystem connects channels, developers, and customers through its platform to simplify the digital supply chain by enabling the onboarding and sale of products with third-party services, for any channel, on any device, with support. Powering millions of cloud subscriptions worldwide, AppDirect helps organizations, including Jaguar Land Rover, Comcast, ADP, and Deutsche Telekom connect their customers to the solutions they need to reach their full potential in the digital economy.
We believe that the unique contributions of all AppDirectors are the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Something looks off?