VP, Global Controller
This is a remote opportunity, candidates from anywhere in the US or Canada are welcome to apply
Become a digital, global citizen and enable the new generation of digital entrepreneurs around the world. AppDirect offers a subscription commerce platform to sell any product, through any channel, on any device - as a service. We power millions of subscriptions worldwide for organizations. We do this by our values-driven culture - one that enables you to Be Seen, Be Yourself, and Do Your Best Work.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Global Controller to lead our growing accounting and financial operations team here at AppDirect. The Global Controller is a member of the Finance Leadership Team and reports to the CFO.
The Global Controller leads the accounting, payroll, accounts payable, billing and collections teams. The Global Controller is responsible for financial reporting processes, development of financial controls, system implementations, technical accounting research, tax compliance and reporting, payroll and budget-related work. The Global Controller works directly with the rest of the leadership team, outside accounting firm, tax advisors, and Audit Committee of the Board.
We are looking for someone who has leadership experience in both public and private accounting and who can both lead teams and work independently.
A successful Global Controller will be a dynamic financial thought leader who partners effectively with our company leaders to push forward our company’s vision of making software and business services more accessible for all. The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills, work effectively cross-functionally, and have a high-level of attention to detail. The ideal candidate will also demonstrate strong team management skills to grow and manage a team of talented finance professionals. You will cultivate best practices, tackle cross-functional challenges collaboratively. You have a proven track record in leading a team. You will approach projects with a flexible, innovative, and service-oriented mindset, with a strong emphasis on system-based solutions.
- Manage & Mentor: Lead the growing accounting team, including recruiting, talent development and retention.
- Financial reporting: Lead oversight, preparation and submission of financial statements to ensure adherence to accounting principles and accurate results.
- IPO readiness: Lead the IPO readiness process for the accounting function.
- Technical accounting: Analyze and research technical accounting matters, providing accurate and comprehensive documentation of policies.
- Audit and Compliance: Lead relationship with our external Auditor and Board Audit Committee.
- Policies and procedures: Develop, implement and maintain desktop procedures for on-going financial activities. Proactively identify issues and implement process improvements to streamline accounting processes.
- Internal controls: Develop and implement controls that meet the requirements of public companies.
- Financial operations: Lead continuous improvement in the effectiveness and scalability of billing, collections and payments processes.
- Special projects: Perform other special projects and analyses to support the leadership team.
What we look for:
- Experience: A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA preferred. Big 4 and private industry experience is strongly desired.
- Process oriented: Experience establishing and optimizing reporting processes to ensure accurate and timely reporting.
- Communication skills: Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including excellent written, oral, listening and presentational skills and ability to work well under pressure and interact at all levels are also required.
- Project management: Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines with limited supervision.
- Systems: NetSuite ERP system experience a plus.
- Teamwork: Teamwork is essential to the group, so it is critical that the candidate interact with other team members and manages collaboratively and effectively.
At AppDirect/AppSmart, we believe that innovation thrives in an environment that houses diversity of excellence, experience and thought. We respect each AppDirector as their own fingerprint; unique with no one alike. We foster an environment of inclusion without regard to race, religion, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity enabling AppDirectors to embrace their uniqueness to do their best work. As such, we strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities.
Something looks off?