Become a digital, global citizen and enable the new generation of digital entrepreneurs around the world. AppDirect offers a subscription commerce platform to sell any product, through any channel, on any device - as a service. We power millions of subscriptions worldwide for organizations. We do this by our values-driven culture—one that enables you to Be Seen, Be Yourself, and Do Your Best Work.
The Cybersecurity Architect will serve as a Cybersecurity Subject Matter Expert and will be a key member of the customer facing sales engineering team. The SME will be responsible for providing advanced pre-sales support for the channel sales team by designing, proposing and assisting to close both existing and new opportunities and ensuring a successful customer experience. Additionally this role will provide support and give advice to AppDirect partner advisors and recommend the best solutions to clients.
What you’ll do and how you’ll have an impact
- Support Cyber Security opportunities from a Pre-Sales perspective;
- Work jointly with Channel Sales teams to grow end customer revenue through training, product knowledge and closing business;
- Assist in promoting Cybersecurity awareness and driving increased opportunities in the Cybersecurity space through blog and media articles;
- Develop & maintain positive Partner Advisor and Supplier relationships to foster stronger relations, and to stay current on products and technologies.
What we’re looking for
- 10+ years of experience in a Cybersecurity role;
- Understanding of Cybersecurity frameworks like NIST and CMMC;
- Ability to present to large and small audiences, both virtually and in-person;
- Comprehensive understanding of the Cybersecurity industry, risks, regulations, and technology solutions; Including but not limited to, SOC, EDR, MDR, and threat mitigation services;
- Strong communication skills, executive presence, and ability to build relationships at all levels;
- Experience with security technologies and tooling, e.g., vulnerability scanners, firewalls, network monitors, IAM, SIEM, IDS/IPS, conducting risk assessments, threat modeling and information security reviews, audits, IR and DFIR process;
- Solid understanding of Security Operations Center (SOC) management / Managed Detection and Response (XDR) operations, SIEM, SOAR, Firewalls, WAF, CASB, IAM, Backups, Business Continuance, Public/Private Cloud offerings;
- Working knowledge of common compliance requirements such as HITRUST, HIPAA, PCI, and GDPR.
- Cybersecurity certifications - CISSP, CISA, CIPP or other security/privacy related certifications is an asset;
- Technical understanding of enterprise IT and cloud-based architectures and technologies, such as networking, server infrastructure, operating systems, web applications, databases, containerization, mobile, competitive landscape, and industry relevancy;
- Understanding of different attack vectors and use of forensic and monitoring tools for incident investigations;
- Experience with deployment and management of endpoint security solutions (Anti-Malware, EDR, DLP, File Integrity Monitoring, vulnerability management), IR, DFIR, Architect and Design and GRC.
At AppDirect, we believe that innovation thrives in an environment that houses diversity of excellence, experience and thought. We respect each AppDirector as their own fingerprint; unique with no one alike. We foster an environment of inclusion without regard to race, religion, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity enabling AppDirectors to embrace their uniqueness to do their best work. As such, we strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities.