Senior Enterprise Monitoring Engineer
About the Team
AppDirect is the leading cloud service marketplace company dedicated to revolutionizing the way businesses run. We offer a cloud service marketplace and management platform that enables companies to distribute digital services. The global network of AppDirect-powered marketplaces allows businesses to find, buy, and manage the best applications the cloud has to offer.
With our award-winning platform, service providers can launch a state-of-the-art online application store within a matter of weeks, while developers can integrate once and make their software available across multiple marketplaces worldwide. Our products offer more advanced features and tools than any other competitive solution, putting AppDirect at the forefront of the rapidly evolving market for cloud services delivery.
We’re looking for talented yet humble individuals who are smart, passionate, and want to drive disruption in the DevOps, Network Systems industry. If you thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative workplace, AppDirect provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every day. If you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table that reflect your experience and personality, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here.
What we’re looking for
- Minimum of 6-8 years of experience working in a DevOps role supporting the development and integration of network monitoring tools, appliances, and systems.
- Experience integrating to, customizing, and developing API based orchestration scripts that interface with platforms used to monitor and capture network, applications, infrastructure health states, and forensic data.
- Must be familiar with implementation and deployment of the common platforms used to collect and display the data gathered from tools such as: Logic Monitor, Solarwinds, Zabbix, Splunk, ELK, Zenoss.
- Experience with programming for or supporting REST based platform / systems connections.
- Scheduling backups, configuration, or restoration
- Scripting to query and retrieve environmental and status reports
- Transforming / inserting data between platforms.
- Familiar with orchestration and or combining multiple restful services for a single presentation.
- Experience aggerating applications or analytic tools to provide a single source for forensic data.
- Experience bringing multiple data sources together for presentation of trends and history to web applications such as Grafana, Kibana, Sisense, Google analytics, etc..
- Experience customizing NMS (Network Management System), and business intelligence software to match workflows and personalized dashboard experiences.
- Experience researching, developing, and securely deploying open-source software components related to network monitoring or management.
- Familiarity with coding, defining styles, and standards for one or more of the following
- Code – Python, Perl, Ruby, Bash and interfacing with infrastructure endpoints over SSH.
- Management Tools and automation - Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc.
- Clear understanding of SNMP protocol and agentless monitoring
- Clear understanding of collection points, secure data transport-storage-retention, and supporting systems regarding collected data
- Experience with ServiceNow Service Management platform would be an advantage.
At AppDirect, we believe that innovation thrives in an environment that houses diversity of excellence, experience and thought. We respect each AppDirector as their own fingerprint; unique with no one alike. We foster an environment of inclusion without regard to race, religion, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity enabling AppDirectors to embrace their uniqueness to do their best work. As such, we strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities.