Senior Software Engineer
About the Team
AppDirect is the leading cloud service marketplace company dedicated to revolutionizing the way businesses run. We offer a cloud service marketplace and management platform that enables companies to distribute web-based services and more. The global network of AppDirect-powered marketplaces allows businesses to find, buy, and manage the best applications the cloud has to offer.
We are rapidly expanding and looking to hire talented and ambitious Solution Architect talent with strong software engineering background in Romania. As a member of the team, you will connect with prospects and existing customers to understand their need. You will get to create elegant and creative solutions to solve the customer needs via the evolution of the platform. You will help in finding the best solutions to connect customers backend systems with our platform.
What you'll do and how you'll make an impact:
- Participate in the review process of your solutions implementation (technical design review and code review);
- Engage and consult with our customers and sales people to gather customer requirements;
- Participate in technical workshops with customer engineering, architecture, and product teams;
- Define and estimate solutions that leverage AppDirect capabilities to address client needs;
- Coordinate the efforts of internal subject matter experts to present client solutions;
- Develop proposals and pricing models for complex or innovative solutions;
- Participate in discovery meetings and present solutions to our customers;
- Documenting solution designs;
- Provide technical leadership to delivery team and customers.
What you'll need:
- Proven track record of delivering end to end solutions from scratch;
- Experience working directly with customers and professional teams;
- Courage to dig-in, refactor code and explore new technology;
- Comfort in code reviewing other engineers code and participating in technical designs;
- 5+ years experience developing in Java;
- Solid grasp of open source frameworks like Spring & Hibernate;
- Knowledge of web service technologies and building REST APIs;
- Familiarity of enterprise commerce systems like ERPs, CRMs, IdPs, Payment Gateways, and billing & tax systems;
- B.S. degree (or higher) in Computer Science, MIS or related field.
The AppDirect ecosystem connects channels, developers, and customers through its platform to simplify the digital supply chain by enabling the onboarding and sale of products with third-party services, for any channel, on any device, with support. Powering millions of cloud subscriptions worldwide, AppDirect helps organizations, including Jaguar Land Rover, Comcast, ADP, and Deutsche Telekom connect their customers to the solutions they need to reach their full potential in the digital economy.