Incident Escalation Manager
Become a digital, global citizen and enable the new generation of digital entrepreneurs around the world. AppDirect offers a subscription commerce platform to sell any product, through any channel, on any device - as a service. We power millions of subscriptions worldwide for organizations. We do this by our values-driven culture—one that enables you to Be Seen, Be Yourself, and Do Your Best Work.
The Incident and Escalation Manager (IEM) is part of the Network Operations Center (NOC) team. This role performs critical functions as part of AppDirect's 24x7x365 operational environment. The IEM is typically engaged to drive resolution for complex and/or critical (Priority 1) incidents. You will coordinate technical resources from multiple teams, interface with customers and ensure the flow of communication, ensuring customer notifications and status updates of incidents are being delivered, drive and participate in post-incident conversations, creating and socializing Reasons for Outage (RFO). You will also be an integral part of the Problem Management process for critical incidents and socialize Root Cause Analysis (RCA) findings. This role will also gather and synthesize analytical data for customers where requested and participate in customer service reviews.
What you’ll do and how you’ll have an impact
- Participate in the incident escalation chain, responding to customer-initiated escalation and engagement requests.
- Own the Incident Command process for P1 incidents, coordinating resources, technical bridges, and performing activities to drive the incident to closure.
- Ensure P1 incident notifications (initial, update, and final) are delivered per our service level objectives (SLOs/SLAs).
- Document technical details during the incident and ensure data is gathered as required i.e., log information, change activity, etc. and be able to create summaries that are delivered to customers.
- Monitor other queues such as email inboxes, Teams chats, etc., and respond promptly to customers, partners, leaders, or stakeholders in accordance with our SLAs/SLOs.
- Facilitate post-incident calls, driving resources from multiple teams to investigate and determine the Reason for Outage (RFO) and Root Cause Analysis (RCA).
- Liaise effectively between AppDirect, partners, and customer organizations where required.
- Participate in operational support calls where required and contribute to completing tasks, process items, and other actions.
- Develop scheduled and ad hoc reports as needed in response to urgent customer queries in support of incidents or other needs.
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years of experience in a NOC environment and/or 1+ years in Incident Escalation Management, or related/relevant experience.
- Ability to identify and act with urgency where required in responding to customer incidents, issues, or needs.
- Ability to effectively interface with customers and people of various disciplines and levels.
- Comfort and ability to work in complex and difficult situations.
- Ability to function with a high level of initiative and autonomy, and also within a team, being able to influence and collaborate across teams and organizations.
- Critical thinking, natural curiosity, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Experience with Service Management tools (i.e., ServiceNow)
- Fluency in both verbal and written English.
At AppDirect, we believe that innovation thrives in an environment that houses diversity of excellence, experience and thought. We respect each AppDirector as their own fingerprint; unique with no one alike. We foster an environment of inclusion without regard to race, religion, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity enabling AppDirectors to embrace their uniqueness to do their best work. As such, we strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities.