Senior Counsel, Corporate and Securities
Become a digital, global citizen and enable the new generation of digital entrepreneurs around the world. AppDirect offers a subscription commerce platform to sell any product, through any channel, on any device - as a service. We power millions of subscriptions worldwide for organizations. We do this by our values-driven culture—one that enables you to Be Seen, Be Yourself, and Do Your Best Work.
We are seeking a highly motivated attorney to join the growing AppDirect in-house legal team as Counsel or Senior Counsel, depending on experience. The position will report directly to the General Counsel. With a focus on equity and debt transactions, as well as compliance and governance initiatives, you will have substantial responsibilities and will have the opportunity to be creative, make a big impact and add immediate value. This is a key position with tremendous opportunity for career growth. The position can be virtual (U.S.) or based in one of AppDirect’s U.S. offices (Chicago, Atlanta, San Francisco).
What you’ll do and how you’ll have an impact
- Manage and execute equity and debt financing transactions, including owning the process and drafting and negotiating agreements
- Manage the corporate structure, including formation and maintenance of domestic and international subsidiaries and restructuring of corporate entities
- Participate in the design and development of compliance programs, policies, procedures, training and audits required for private and/or public company compliance, as well as company regulated businesses.
- Scope and manage IPO readiness initiatives and processes
- Support the stock administration department on equity matters
- Advise on executive compensation, benefit plans, employment and related matters
- Coordinate corporate and Board governance matters
- Assist with commercial contracts, vendor contracts, intellectual property matters and other projects as needed
- Support M&A and strategic transactions
- Assist with real estate and insurance matters
- Coordinate with and efficiently manage external counsel
What we’re looking for
- JD and California bar (or eligibility to become a registered in-house counsel), with excellent academic credentials
- At least three years of core corporate securities and governance experience, preferably at a top tier law firm or in-house technology companies
- Corporate finance experience, with tender offer/secondary transactions and IPO experience as pluses
- Representation of private or public companies on governance issues and Board support
- Team player focused on achieving and/or helping others achieve corporate objectives
- Ability to lead cross-functional groups and operate in a fast-paced, flexible culture
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, organizational skills and ability to prioritize and work independently
- Practical, creative, proactive, business-savvy and results-oriented
- Highest and uncompromising ethical standards
- Aligned with AppDirect’s values - humility, pma, ownership, true north, intensity
At AppDirect, we believe that innovation thrives in an environment that houses diversity of excellence, experience and thought. We respect each AppDirector as their own fingerprint; unique with no one alike. We foster an environment of inclusion without regard to race, religion, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity enabling AppDirectors to embrace their uniqueness to do their best work. As such, we strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities.