Cyber Security Sales Specialist
Become a digital, global citizen and enable the new generation of digital entrepreneurs around the world. AppDirect offers a subscription commerce platform to sell any product, through any channel, on any device - as a service. We power millions of subscriptions worldwide for organizations. We do this by our values-driven culture—one that enables you to Be Seen, Be Yourself, and Do Your Best Work.
We value entrepreneurial spirit and those who bring experience from established organizations. You are a highly technical, hands-on Product Sales Specialist with a strong desire to successfully support our partners, agents and sales team to meet our clients’ technology needs. You will proactively provide vendor and licensing recommendations, qualify opportunities, use well-tested software and pricing tools to generate quality recommendations, and strive towards closing business opportunities to increase AppDirect revenue. Your technical oversight is critical to the success of this role and to the team. You will need to be a expert in one or more of the following specialities:
- Cyber Security speciality and experience
- Understanding the impact of SaaS solutions to help Cyber Security offerings
- Understanding what is needed for companies to be in compliance
- A True understanding of offerings like Crowdstrike, Okta, Sophos, Mimecast, Proofpoint and others
What you'll do and how you'll make an impact
- Manage and grow existing partner relationships to drive incremental revenue;
- Provide technical oversight on new sales opportunities;
- Participate in scoping calls with sales reps and agents to determine best provider solutions for clients based on current workflows and existing client network infrastructures;
- Identify strategic sales initiatives based on current and future technology needs;
- Acquire and maintain professional level technical certifications to remain an SME with current AppDirect providers as well as minimum partner requirements;
- Create and maintain demo cloud environments for product testing, training and presentation to clients, internal employees and agents;
- Provide technical training and guidance to sales and cross functional teams where necessary;
- Prospect and develop new potential partners by researching and responding to new sales engineering requests, following up on leads and qualifying new accounts for our sales partners;
- Maintain current and accurate information regarding all leads, contacts, partners and prospective partners and customers in Salesforce.com;
- Deliver technical sales presentations to executive levels of organizations and assist in the preparation of formal proposals and responses;
- Work through RFPs and assign tasks to various teams if necessary to complete.
What we’re looking for
- Various professional level certifications in cyber security and other cloud providers;
- 5+ years of technical support experience with cloud solutions;
- 5+ years of cloud deployment experience in small to enterprise environments;
- 5+ years professional selling experience in high-tech or service related industry;
- Experience with developing and maintaining partner relationships;
- Combination of education, experience, and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities;
- Efficient with Google G-suite, hubspot, and various business software applications;
- Efficient in Mobility platforms, UCaaS, Connectivity, and Cloud Services;
- Ability to analyze data and find opportunities and risks;
- Excellent documentation and communication skills;
- Must prove competency in pulling collateral, completing quotes, and be proficient on paperwork for each carrier’s product set;
- Ability to present and negotiate as well as build rapport with customers and agents.
At AppDirect, we believe that innovation thrives in an environment that houses diversity of excellence, experience and thought. We respect each AppDirector as their own fingerprint; unique with no one alike. We foster an environment of inclusion without regard to race, religion, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity enabling AppDirectors to embrace their uniqueness to do their best work. As such, we strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities.