Platform Engineer/Site Reliability Engineer
Herndon, VA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, March 29, 2023
We are a fast-growing remote-friendly cybersecurity company with multiple offices in the US including San Francisco and Washington, D.C. The world’s most at-risk organizations rely on Authentic8 to completely eliminate the risk of using the web.We believe people should be able to go online without fear of exploit, surveillance or repercussion. And our mission is to make this a reality. Through integrity in our work, respect of others and commitment to this mission, we are building a business that enables access to the web with the peace of mind that everyone deserves. We are a rapidly growing company with more than 500 customers across the public and private sector. Established in 2010, Authentic8 continues to see new demand and use case opportunities for the cloud-based Silo Web Isolation Platform.
We have an immediate need for a Platform Engineer within our Operations / Site Reliability Engineering team to help build the infrastructure, tools, and automation that ensures the performance and availability of our global, SaaS platform. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of working across diverse technical and business teams to develop and deliver technical solutions in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Work with a dynamic Operations team (SRE and Platform Engineering) to develop software and infrastructure solutions that help to scale and maintain a challenging SaaS architecture
- Develop and deploy configuration and orchestration frameworks and tooling.
- Implement monitoring and logging systems for service level indicators and critical management & control (M&C) systems.
- Coordinate and support complex Production deployments and automate routine deployments.
- Act as a subject matter expert for the services platform of production and M&C information systems and, at times, serve as a point of escalation from the SRE team during critical incidents.
- Work with Project Managers and Technical Writers to develop and document processes and procedures.
- Understand project impact to Engineering, QA, and Production systems architecture.
- Work with Security & Compliance to ensure Operations systems, processes, and tools meet security framework requirements.
- Stay up to date with current technology and technical developments
- Support the SRE team by participating in periodic on-call responsibilities and responding to critical platform alerts.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent degree.
- 7+ years of industry experience working as a Site Reliability Engineer or equivalent experience
- Strong Unix/Linux skills
- A background in Linux system administration and security
- Development experience with both scripting languages and some C or C++
- Real-world experience with DevOps configuration management systems such as Chef, Ansible, or Puppet
- Real-world experience with large-scale metric collection and log aggregation
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform and other cloud service platforms such as AWS or Azure.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes
- Willingness to participate in an on-call rotation
- $165,000 - $185,000 plus Bonus & Equity
Authentic8 Core Values & Principles:
Integrity: We apply our best efforts. We are honest with and accountable to others.
Mission-Focused: We clearly define and communicate our goals and do not stray in the pursuit of our objective.
Respect: We value and respect the ideas and experience our diverse backgrounds bring us. Positive consideration of differing viewpoints makes us stronger.
We are collaborative: We recognize the best work is the product of teams. We must each be reliable and expect to rely on others.
We are transparent: By operating with common information and understanding we ensure that we are aligned.
We find innovative solutions: We seek innovative solutions not as a buzzword but as a means to solve difficult problems with zeal, efficiency and quality.
We take ownership: We are responsible for our actions, our reputation and our business.
Authentic8 offers competitive benefits, including medical, dental and vision, flexible PTO, a 401k program and stock options. Authentic8 offers competitive benefits, including medical, dental and vision, flexible PTO, a 401k program and stock options.
It is the policy of Authentic8 to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
See more open positions at Authentic8
Something looks off?