Information Assurance Program Specialist
Remote · United States
Posted on Tuesday, May 23, 2023
We are a fast-growing remote-friendly cybersecurity company with multiple offices in the US including San Francisco and Washington, D.C. The world’s most at-risk organizations rely on Authentic8 to completely eliminate the risk of using the web.We believe people should be able to go online without fear of exploit, surveillance or repercussion. And our mission is to make this a reality. Through integrity in our work, respect of others and commitment to this mission, we are building a business that enables access to the web with the peace of mind that everyone deserves. We are a rapidly growing company with more than 600 customers across the public and private sector. Established in 2010, Authentic8 continues to see new demand and use case opportunities for the cloud-based Silo Web Isolation Platform.
Authentic8 is seeking an Information Assurance Program Specialist (IAPS) to facilitate its security program objectives, provide supervisory oversight of its Plan of Action & Milestones (POA&M), and lead all activities pertaining to periodic documentation and compliance auditing. Under the supervision of Authentic8’s Director of Compliance, the IAPS will play a critical role in turning existing security processes and procedures into a second-nature component of the company’s culture. This position will require a background in security, a natural disposition for facilitating multiple projects with a wide-range of deliverables, and an acumen for maintaining rapport and motivation among a cross-functional team. If you’re interested in making a difference at a company that provides a secure cloud-based service for the most cutting-edge public and private organizations around the globe, this may be the gig for you.
- Ensures the company completes periodic Information Assurance tasking in accordance with an established annual schedule (e.g., annual security awareness training, technical standard assessments, security plan testing, etc.)
- Maintains the company’s Plan of Action & Milestones (POA&M) and ensures actionable findings are remediated by the responsible parties in accordance with the company’s Vulnerability Management Policy
- Oversees all tasking associated with the company’s annual risk assessment program
- Assigns tasking related to periodic testing of security-related plans including, but not limited, the Business Continuity Plan, Information systems Contingency Response Plan, and the Incident Response Plan
- Ensures company policies, plans, procedures, and standards are reviewed in accordance with an established schedule, edited for accuracy, and approved by organization leadership
- 5+ years professional experience in IT, preferably as a technical practitioner
- 2+ years professional experience in Info Assurance, Information Security, or Risk Management
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g., computer science, information systems, cybersecurity, business, etc.)
- Note: A commensurate number of years experience can be substituted for education requirements
- Proven success leading complex tasking and/or project activities among a multidisciplinary team (e.g., engineering, IT, operations, business operations, etc.)
- 5+ years industry experience in a security-related role
- Professional credentials demonstrating a strong understanding of security fundamentals (e.g., ISC2, CompTIA, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, etc.)
- Proven experience in project/program management as a course of business
- Master’s degree in a technical or management field
- Experience working at a company or organization that is primarily concerned with information technology, with additional emphasis working with cloud-based services (e.g., SaaS, PaaS, etc.)
- 80,000 - 90,000 + Bonus & Equity
Authentic8 Core Values & Principles:
Integrity: We apply our best efforts. We are honest with and accountable to others.
Mission-Focused: We clearly define and communicate our goals and do not stray in the pursuit of our objective.
Respect: We value and respect the ideas and experience our diverse backgrounds bring us. Positive consideration of differing viewpoints makes us stronger.
We are collaborative: We recognize the best work is the product of teams. We must each be reliable and expect to rely on others.
We are transparent: By operating with common information and understanding we ensure that we are aligned.
We find innovative solutions: We seek innovative solutions not as a buzzword but as a means to solve difficult problems with zeal, efficiency and quality.
We take ownership: We are responsible for our actions, our reputation and our business.
Authentic8 offers competitive benefits, including medical, dental and vision, flexible PTO, a 401k program and stock options.
It is the policy of Authentic8 to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
See more open positions at Authentic8
Something looks off?