Redwood City, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, May 23, 2023
We are a fast-growing remote-friendly cybersecurity company with multiple offices in the US including San Francisco and Washington, D.C. The world’s most at-risk organizations rely on Authentic8 to completely eliminate the risk of using the web.We believe people should be able to go online without fear of exploit, surveillance or repercussion. And our mission is to make this a reality. Through integrity in our work, respect of others and commitment to this mission, we are building a business that enables access to the web with the peace of mind that everyone deserves. We are a rapidly growing company with more than 600 customers across the public and private sector. Established in 2010, Authentic8 continues to see new demand and use case opportunities for the cloud-based Silo Web Isolation Platform.
The Security Analyst (SA) is a fundamental role within Authentic8’s Security Operations Center (SOC). As a SOC Security Analyst, you are on the front lines protecting Authentic8’s products, services, and customers. The ideal candidate for this position has had previous experience working within a SOC or NOC. You treat every security incident as a learning experience and an opportunity to improve & expand your skills. You are able to analyze incoming events, perform triage, and rapidly escalate security incidents to the Security Team. Once escalated to the Security Team, the SA is expected to keep some level of involvement, gaining experience and additional knowledge.
- Assist in day-to-day security operations tasks.
- Analyze information and events through various alerting mechanisms
- Able to triage security incidents quickly and escalate appropriately.
- Communicate clearly; able to distill the important & relevant details of an event to team members and management.
- Work with system & application owners on discovered security vulnerabilities.
- Document security incidents thoroughly in the case management system.
- Able to work in a dynamic team environment with proven collaboration skills
- Assist in tuning SIEM use cases, if something is broken, help fix it.
- Triage open source threat intelligence sources for IOCs and perform proactive threat hunting.
- Develop SIEM use cases to alert upon threats relevant to Authentic8.
- Assist in updating Authentic8 standards, processes, and procedures.
- 2+ years industry experience in network, systems, and/or security operations.
- Bachelor of Science in a related technical field (may be substituted with 4 years of additional, related experience in real-time operations)
- Personnel in this position will require access to sensitive company information. As such, and pursuant to company policy, applicants must pass a stringent background investigation as a prerequisite to employment.
- Willing to a work rotating shift schedule (nights, weekends, & holidays).
- This position requires a hybrid work schedule (two days a week in the office) and must be based out of our Redwood City office.
- Participate in an on-call rotation for after-hour critical alerts.
- Industry certification(s) in any of the following, or demonstrable, commensurate knowledge:
- Network engineering (e.g., CCNA, JNCIA, Network+, etc.)
- Systems administration (e.g., RHCSA, RHCE, MCSA, MCSE, Server+, etc.)
- Information security (e.g. GCIH, CEH, Security+, etc.)
- Demonstrated knowledge of any programming or scripting language.
- Previous experience working in a security operations center with responsibility for real-time monitoring and incident response.
- Experience with Linux operating systems.
- Experience with web browsers and associated technologies (proxies, CASB, etc.) and associated security issues
- Must be a US Citizen
- $100,000 - $130,000 + Equity & Bonus
Authentic8 Core Values & Principles:
Integrity: We apply our best efforts. We are honest with and accountable to others.
Mission-Focused: We clearly define and communicate our goals and do not stray in the pursuit of our objective.
Respect: We value and respect the ideas and experience our diverse backgrounds bring us. Positive consideration of differing viewpoints makes us stronger.
We are collaborative: We recognize the best work is the product of teams. We must each be reliable and expect to rely on others.
We are transparent: By operating with common information and understanding we ensure that we are aligned.
We find innovative solutions: We seek innovative solutions not as a buzzword but as a means to solve difficult problems with zeal, efficiency and quality.
We take ownership: We are responsible for our actions, our reputation and our business.
Authentic8 offers competitive benefits, including medical, dental and vision, flexible PTO, a 401k program and stock options.
It is the policy of Authentic8 to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
See more open positions at Authentic8
Something looks off?