API Platform Development Engineer
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, June 14, 2023
Authentic8 is a fast-growing cybersecurity company. The world’s most at-risk organizations rely on Authentic8 to completely eliminate the risk of using the web. We believe people should be able to go online without fear of exploit, surveillance or repercussion. And our mission is to make this a reality. Through integrity in our work, respect for others and commitment to this mission, we are building a business that enables access to the web with the peace of mind that everyone deserves. We are a rapidly growing company with more than 600 customers across the public and private sector. Established in 2010, Authentic8 continues to see new demand and use case opportunities for the cloud-based Silo Web Isolation Platform.
We have an immediate opening for an API Platform Development Engineer to be located in our Toronto, Ontario location.
In this role, you will build and maintain our server-side software, which underpins our cloud-based, remote isolation platform. Our server-side software covers our internal database system APIs, externally accessible APIs, logging system etc.
Are you ready to work on a team of truly talented individuals? We would look to your talents designing, building, and unit-testing our Industry leading Software. In full collaboration with other developers and our QA, SRE, and Operations engineers.
Are you ready to break free from the mundane? To enjoy a flexible work life balance –with work from home capabilities? Where every day brings a new challenge? To have the opportunity to lead teams? To accept a challenge for cross-team leadership? To join a company that knows how to develop an amazing team, grow engineering talent, and how showing mutual respect makes all the difference.
We value leaders and will offer leadership opportunities to you. We love innovators and will reward your new and creative ideas and collaborative efforts. We will grow your technical skills and assist in your career growth. We’ll make you the engineer you’ve wanted to be.
If you are a talented API Engineer with an eye for the future, look no further! Send us your resume.
- Developing and maintaining our APIs and syncing with Open Source versions
- Design and write highly responsive, effective, scalable code
- Integrating data storage solutions; reprogramming existing databases to improve functionality.
- Collaborate with broader team to design pragmatic systems / solutions that balance long-term future-proofing with near-term delivery constraints
- Coordinate with teams to understand user requirements and provide technical solutions
- Improve functionality of existing systems
- Implement security and data protection solutions
- Developing digital tools to monitor online traffic
- Research and develop system-level capabilities that underpin our platform
- 2+ years with modern Python
- Deep knowledge of modern API technologies and techniques
- Experience with system-level programming; preferably developing Linux-based systems / virtual images for cloud deployment
- Proficiency with development tools such as jira, git, bash, etc.
- Strong sense of clean code and simple design
- Experience with unit testing frameworks; familiarity with testing tools
- Experience with debugging complex systems/issues; follow up on and resolve problems
- Ability to use and maintain personal development linux servers
- Ability to rapidly iterate on customer requests in an expedited timeline
- Proven ability to flex between rapid prototyping and production-quality code
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience with asyncio, type hinting, pydantic, FastAPI, and SQLAlchemy.
- Familiarity with SSL/TLS, TCP/IP, Web protocols, SQL DBs
- Collaborative attitude; able to work with Eng, QA, Ops and PM
- 2+ years experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience performing Code reviews
- Enjoy working in a fast paced development environment
- Background in cyber security with focus on hardened systems
- Engineering degree or equivalent)
- 2+ years professional experience in backend / server-side software development
Authentic8 Core Values & Principles:
Integrity: We apply our best efforts. We are honest with and accountable to others.
Mission-Focused: We clearly define and communicate our goals and do not stray in the pursuit of our objective.
Respect: We value and respect the ideas and experience our diverse backgrounds bring us. Positive consideration of differing viewpoints makes us stronger.
We are collaborative: We recognize the best work is the product of teams. We must each be reliable and expect to rely on others.
We are transparent: By operating with common information and understanding we ensure that we are aligned.
We find innovative solutions: We seek innovative solutions not as a buzzword but as a means to solve difficult problems with zeal, efficiency and quality.
We take ownership: We are responsible for our actions, our reputation and our business.
Authentic8 offers flexible time off, bonus and stock options.
It is the policy of Authentic8 to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.