Security Program Coordinator
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
We are a fast-growing remote-friendly cybersecurity company with multiple offices in the US including San Francisco and Washington, D.C. The world’s most at-risk organizations rely on Authentic8 to completely eliminate the risk of using the web.We believe people should be able to go online without fear of exploit, surveillance or repercussion. And our mission is to make this a reality. Through integrity in our work, respect of others and commitment to this mission, we are building a business that enables access to the web with the peace of mind that everyone deserves. We are a rapidly growing company with more than 600 customers across the public and private sector. Established in 2010, Authentic8 continues to see new demand and use case opportunities for the cloud-based Silo Web Isolation Platform.
The Security Program Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of tasking, projects, and initiatives within the company’s Security & Compliance directorate and subordinate work centers. With minimal supervision, the Security Program Coordinator facilitates the day-to-day execution of Authentic8’s Information Security Program and promotes execution of the company’s cybersecurity and information assurance roadmap. The Security Program Coordinator reports to Authentic8’s VP Information Security and works closely with senior security managers and cross-functional managers.
- Coordinates tasking associated with Authentic8’s Information Security Program and the day-to-day operation of the company’s Security & Compliance work centers
- Acts as project manager for cross-functional cybersecurity projects.
- Using a scrum-based approach to task management, leads task planning and assignment exercises
- Facilitates critical security event and situation report escalations to the VP Information Security
- Acts as communications lead during events that require Incident Response Team formation
- Maintains general familiarity with Authentic8’s ISP, SSP, and their components (policies, plans, standards); performs reviews and updates on an annual basis and after significant changes.
- Facilitates cross-functional working group meetings and captures/assigns actions
- Works closely with the company’s GRC Manager to identify Information Assurance Calendar items and plans/schedules security and cross-functional exercises accordingly
- Participates in the Change Control Board and approves/denies changes on behalf of A8 Security & Compliance in accordance with Security Impact Analysis results
- Works closely with senior Security Architecture & Engineering personnel to maintain oversight over the company’s Significant Change obligations, including those related to 3PAO auditing
- Acts as a Security representative during security auditing
- Drafts periodic security briefings and collates security-related trend and analysis information for consumption by executive management.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in project and/or program management.2+ years in information security, cybersecurity, security engineering, or security operations.
- 4+ years of experience working with information technology
- Strong intercommunication skills; has experience with management, mentorship, and “setting the example”.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced academic degree or 5+ years advanced, relevant experience
- Has experience working in regulated/compliance-oriented environments, with an understanding of security frameworks and standards (e.g., NIST, ISO, AICPA, PCI DSS, etc.).
- Advanced certifications that demonstrate subject matter expertise (e.g., CISSP, CISM, GSLC, etc.)
- Practical experience with program management, risk management, and security auditing.
- Experience working in an environment that employs a security-minded System Development Life Cycle that involves international engineering support
- Experienced with the authorship or maintenance of security docs (e.g., System Security Plans (SSP), Concept of Operations (ConOps), Security Compliance Traceability Matrices (SCRM)).
- Familiar with security and privacy requirements associated with common security frameworks and standards (e.g., NIST SP 800-53, NIST SP 800-171, SOC 2, PCI DSS, GDPR, HIPAA, etc.)
- Experienced with cybersecurity audits and company representation during 3PAO interviews
- 90,000 - 100,000 plus Bonus & Equity
Authentic8 Core Values & Principles:
Integrity: We apply our best efforts. We are honest with and accountable to others.
Mission-Focused: We clearly define and communicate our goals and do not stray in the pursuit of our objective.
Respect: We value and respect the ideas and experience our diverse backgrounds bring us. Positive consideration of differing viewpoints makes us stronger.
We are collaborative: We recognize the best work is the product of teams. We must each be reliable and expect to rely on others.
We are transparent: By operating with common information and understanding we ensure that we are aligned.
We find innovative solutions: We seek innovative solutions not as a buzzword but as a means to solve difficult problems with zeal, efficiency and quality.
We take ownership: We are responsible for our actions, our reputation and our business.
Authentic8 offers competitive benefits, including medical, dental and vision, flexible PTO, a 401k program and stock options.
It is the policy of Authentic8 to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.