Des Moines, IA, USA · Remote · United States
Posted on Saturday, January 13, 2024
👋 Hi, I’m Theresa - VP of Legal and General Counsel here at Dwolla and I’m looking for a Paralegal who is experienced in commercial contracts to join our Legal team.
Here is what you can expect to work on in this critical role on my team:
As the initial contact for our legal team, you’ll spend time drafting agreements, developing contracting templates & guidelines and providing guidance to a wide variety of stakeholders… and more!
You will work in close collaboration with our sales team to review and draft sales agreements and support our marketing team in materials review. Additionally, you will also work closely with our customer success team to handle routine questions and escalations.
Our small-but-mighty team values honest opinions, support and developing meaningful relationships with the teams we support. We also don’t take ourselves too seriously, treat everyone as equals and appreciate bringing a sense of light-heartedness to our day.
Our Paralegal will ideally be a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment. Dwolla is on the cutting edge of innovative payments solutions and that means you must be comfortable with ambiguity and able to deep-dive into new and changing regulations as they are introduced.
Qualities of Paralegals Who Thrive in This Role
🗣️ You have strong communication skills (interpersonal, written, verbal, facilitation and presentation… this role does it all!).
💪 You have obsessive organizational skills with an eye for detail (your friends might call you ‘Type A’).
🤝 You enjoy working with cross-functional teams in a collaborative and inclusive environment but but can also succeed in delivering self-driven results
What else is expected of a Paralegal at Dwolla?
- Act as the initial contact for commercial, customer excellence, and marketing legal review requests with responsibility for gathering information and providing general advice and guidance.
- Assist in the review and drafting of commercial agreements, including sales proposals and contracts, non-disclosure agreements, and vendor contracts.
- Help to develop contract templates, contracting guidelines, and scalable contract processes. Provide training to internal clients on the same.
- Manage, track and respond to state registrations, subpoena requests, data deletion requests, and other similar requests.
- Provide general advice and guidance to the sales and customer excellence teams, as well as customers with respect to customer questions or requests.
- Manage daily administrative duties for the Legal department, including maintenance of contract management system and legal intake system.
- Work closely with attorneys and other stakeholders on a wide range of other matters.
What are the required qualifications for this position?
- Bachelor’s degree and/or paralegal certification.
- Minimum of 3+ years of relevant law firm and/or in-house experience as a paralegal.
- Experience working in the field of commercial contracts.
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills.
- Prior experience in the following industries and subjects is desirable: payments, financial services, open banking, and e-commerce.
- A high level of proficiency with Salesforce, G-Suite, MS Suite, Osano and Lexion
- Experience with IP, corporate, marketing, tax, employment law, consumer protection, and/or privacy issues is a plus.
What else would make you stand out for this role?
When you join the Dwolla team, you get these great perks:
⭐ Unlimited Paid Time Off (with a mandatory PTO minimum of 5 days every 4 months 😎)
⭐ 12 weeks paid parental leave
⭐ Medical, dental and vision insurance (Health plan options include FSA & HSA options and more…)
⭐ Stock options
⭐ 401k (with 4% company match)
⭐ Long-term disability insurance
⭐ Life insurance
Our Remote-First Workspace
⭐ Our employees can work from anywhere in the US or from our Des Moines office.
⭐ You can move anywhere in the US and your compensation won’t change.
⭐ Combined with our unlimited PTO, you have the flexibility to enjoy the laptop lifestyle and balance work while traveling.
⭐ We actively support a healthy remote-first company culture by frequently providing both in-person and virtual opportunities for collaboration with co-workers.
⭐ We never miss a beat… by working both synchronously and asynchronously in our day-to-day interactions we’re able to stay full-steam ahead.
⭐ Remote-first home office stipend (and paid parking for our office-loving employees)
❗**Please note: While we support a remote-first work environment, we are currently only able to offer employment to candidates who live in the United States
**Some Fine Print**
At Dwolla, we value diversity and hold the core belief that the best teams are built by the inclusion of diverse ideas, experiences, and people. If you require a reasonable accommodation or assistance for any part of the interview and employment process, please contact Katie Spellman (Talent Recruiter) at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request. If offered this position, you will be asked to complete an employment and credit verification authorization form (which allows us to run a background check) as part of our employment process. By submitting this application, you agree that Dwolla may share applicant information with a third party for communication services.