Director of Enterprise Business Development
Sales & Business Development
Des Moines, IA, USA · Remote · United States
Posted on Friday, February 9, 2024
👋 Hey, I’m Brian - Senior Director of Sales here at Dwolla. I’m looking for someone who has a blend of strong communication skills, high-value sales experience in the payments/insurance industry and an insatiable sense of curiosity to expand our enterprise sales team.
Here is what you can expect to work on in this critical role:
The primary focus of the Director of Enterprise Business Development is to target, cultivate and manage sales prospects in the insurance software and insurtech space. This role will be responsible for the full sales process from first contact to close and will be accountable for driving sales success through attainment of MRR and AR sales targets, as well as increasing our target client size through Mid-market / Enterprise sales wins.
This position is perfect for someone who thrives in the ‘hunter’ role and enjoys end-to-end process ownership (from opportunity creation through agreement execution to relationship management).
I’m looking for someone who is a team player, builds rapport with others quickly and is motivated by reaching exceeding 7-figure sales goals. Our results-focused team values action, a positive attitude and self-reliance. Plus we really like celebrating each other’s wins!
Qualities of a Director of Enterprise Business Development Who Will Thrive in This Role
🤝 You’re great at building lasting relationships and are known for doing what you said you would do. Closing loops and accountability is essential for this team.
📊 You’re experienced in Salesforce, G Suite, Slack and have a fundamental knowledge of payments flows.
🤓 You highly organized and a tiny bit obsessed with the details. You can handle multiple projects with ease and are comfortable with rapid change.
🗣️ You have strong communication skills (interpersonal, written, verbal, presentations, facilitation… this role does it all!)
🔥 You’re not afraid to ask for the sale.
What’s expected of a Director of Enterprise Business Development at Dwolla?
- Create and prioritize strategic target account lists by region and vertical
- In partnership with Marketing, develop targeted communication campaigns inclusive of email, direct drops, face to face meetings etc.
- Research, evangelize and build new accounts through adding contacts, sending emails, strategic calling
- In partnership with Marketing, develop effective messaging to pitch and close prospects based on problem identification, solutions requirements, vertical etc.
- Present and negotiate contract pricing and terms
- Accountable for achieving MRR and AR sales goals
- Consistently build and manage an effective pipeline and communicate proactively with leadership throughout each phase of the sales process
- Effectively create and articulate ROI in the negotiation process to bring the utmost value to both the customer and Dwolla
- Complete daily touch points to target merchants
- Develop understanding of our core products and be able to address top merchant questions
- Keep up-to-date on industry trends and competition
- Act as stakeholder for Product and Engineering teams by identifying and surfacing key merchant insight
- Support Monetery to facilitate and foster key relationships
- Execute on all internal SLAs for all Sales opportunities
- Collaborate with Marketing on lead generation initiatives in an effort to drive broader target audiences and revenue streams
- Complete quarterly platform certification
- Ability to travel for sales conferences, key events and face to face prospect meetings (up to 50%)
What are the preferred qualifications for this position?
- Minimum of 5+ years successful outbound enterprise sales experience in payments industry
- Experience selling in the Insurance software and Insurtech space is strongly preferred
- Experience within a B2B SAAS organization strongly preferred
- Proven track record of meeting and/or achieving set 7-figure sales quotas
- Proven track record of direct/outbound sales
- Ability to build and foster trust and confidence in relationships
- Ability to embrace change and drive creative solutions to yield expected results
- Ability to work independently under tight timelines with excellent communication to internal stakeholders
- Experience with Salesforce from a lead management and reporting perspective
- B.A. in Business or related field
When you join the Dwolla team, you get these great perks:
⭐ Unlimited Paid Time Off (with a mandatory PTO minimum of 5 days every 4 months 😎)
⭐ 12 weeks paid parental leave
⭐ Medical, dental and vision insurance (Health plan options include FSA & HSA options and more…)
⭐ Stock options
⭐ 401k (with 4% company match)
⭐ Long-term disability insurance
⭐ Life insurance
Our Remote-First Workspace
⭐ Our employees can work from anywhere in the US or from our Des Moines office.
⭐ You can move anywhere in the US and your compensation won’t change.
⭐ Combined with our unlimited PTO, you have the flexibility to enjoy the laptop lifestyle and balance work while traveling.
⭐ We actively support a healthy remote-first company culture by frequently providing both in-person and virtual opportunities for collaboration with co-workers.
⭐ We never miss a beat… by working both synchronously and asynchronously in our day-to-day interactions we’re able to stay full-steam ahead.
⭐ Remote-first home office stipend (and paid parking for our office-loving employees)
❗**Please note: While we support a remote-first work environment, we are currently only able to offer employment to candidates who live in the United States
**Some Fine Print**
At Dwolla, we value diversity and hold the core belief that the best teams are built by the inclusion of diverse ideas, experiences, and people. If you require a reasonable accommodation or assistance for any part of the interview and employment process, please contact Katie Spellman (Talent Recruiter) at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request. If offered this position, you will be asked to complete an employment and credit verification authorization form (which allows us to run a background check) as part of our employment process. By submitting this application, you agree that Dwolla may share applicant information with a third party for communication services.