Print Production & Applications Intern (Fall 2023)
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
The Business Development team at Formlabs manages collaborations with leading companies to create the future of 3D printing by pioneering new applications for Formlabs printers and materials. We help executives at companies like New Balance and Gillette launch new business initiatives that are powered by Formlabs technology through Formlabs Factory Solutions, serving as expert advisers, project managers, and application engineers as needed.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial business development intern who can help us create stunning designs and parts to present to new clients helping drive new market opportunities and applications that can lead to multimillion-dollar collaborations.
Internship Term: Fall 2023
Commitment: Full-time (40 hours/week)
Location: Onsite in Somerville, MA (in-person)
Application Materials: Portfolio optional
- Support design modifications, part layout and slicing for 3D print optimization.
- Support 3D print production including printing, troubleshooting and maintenance across SLA and SLS printers and all Formlabs materials.
- Post processing, sanding and finishing, painting and coating parts.
- Effectively present, package and deliver parts to customers, or prepare for the presentation of parts at onsite meetings.
- Support the team in space maintenance to ensure top of the line health and safety in the production spaces.
- Help identify new technologies to utilize, such as coatings and smoothing techniques for 3D printed parts.
- Research the proper use of said technologies and equipment to incorporate into the team’s capabilities.
- Work independently.
- Are obsessed with improving and streamlining processes and staying organized.
- Have 3D printing experience and are motivated to become a 3D printing expert, helping the team to push the bounds of how 3D printed parts look and behave in production scenarios. Experience using Formlabs printers is a plus!
- Have experience in machine shop and fabrication, with technologies such as airbrushing, laser cutting, vacuum forming, and buffing and polishing.
- Have CAD design experience with Solidworks, OnShape, nTopology, Fusion360, Rhino, Blender, or other software.
Internships at Formlabs give students the opportunity to create, build, solve, and discover in every area of our business. Come build your career and build the future of 3D printing. Internship perks include social events, networking opportunities, access to our fully-stocked kitchens and onsite lunches, and unlimited 3D printing!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.