Mechanical Engineer (Shenzhen)
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring ground-breaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, manufacturer and artist in the world.
We’re excited to build devices that not only perform remarkably and create beautiful parts but also reflect careful user experience design. You will be architecting, prototyping, building, and designing the hardware systems of our next generation 3D printers. You will be responsible for key system decisions that affect the final performance and reliability of the products.
If you want to lead the design and create the tools you would love to use yourself, we want you as a Mechanical Engineer.
- Push the capabilities of 3D printing by creating innovative solutions to challenging problems
- Be a technical leader within the region and group of mechanical, systems and electrical engineers, designing, reviewing and guiding junior colleagues’ work
- Prototype new systems, mechanisms, test materials, and research 3D printing challenges
- Architect the numerous subsystems of a 3D printer or processing appliance for performance, manufacturability and reliability
- Engineer the most amazing 3D printer ecosystem on the market
- Can share a strong portfolio of previous work with a background in electro-mechanical systems
- Want to build a precision tool that is beautiful inside and out
- Familiar with thermal systems, optical systems, sensor design, controllers, structures and algorithms
- Enjoy the gritty details of part design, material selection and manufacturing techniques
- Craft elegant systems that function with efficiency and simplicity
- Can communicate effectively with vendors, suppliers and team members across the globe
- Are familiar with a variety of manufacturing methods for creating high-volume and high performance products
- Are hands on and can work across disciplines to prototype your own designs and solve problems
- Have experience with the full product development cycle
- 5+ years industry experience
- Passion for 3D printing and emerging technologies
- Experience in rapidly-growing startup environments
- Familiar with polymers and polymer chemistry
- Electronics and circuit design
- PLM/document control systems
- Programming skills (Python)
- Industrial design
- Tool Design for sheet metal and injection molding
- An international work environment with diverse and inspiring colleagues
- Shares in the company (we’re a Unicorn company)
- Unlimited 3D prints
- Fun team events
Perks are subject to adjustments and may vary from team to team.
We build amazing things. Come join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.