To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Formlabs’ products combine innovative technology with competitive pricing to realize high performance and ease of use. We want every customer experience to be high value, and are therefore transforming how we manage quality through new product introduction and mass production.
The Hardware Quality Engineer will partner with product designers, suppliers and operations teams to qualify quality-critical parts and assemblies during NPI and then monitor component quality through mass production. Quality Engineers work across geographic regions to transfer requirements from US-based engineering teams to Asia-Pacific execution leads and suppliers. They leverage strong organizational, communication and data analysis skills to build and execute quality control plans, report results and drive corrective action where needed to ensure Formlabs products are manufactured consistently and perform well in the field. If the relentless pursuit of reliability and performance in complex products motivates you, join us as a Hardware Quality Engineer!
- Take a leadership role in establishing quality control for new and existing products through established templates, tools and procedures. Seek out ways to reduce waste, boost reliability and drive down variation in product performance.
- Monitor manufacturing quality Key Process Indicators (KPIs). Utilize KPI measurements to identify and lead improvement projects to enhance process control, adjust QA inspection or reduce waste
- Manage quality issuess within the Formlabs supply base. Utilize structured problem solving tools to drive root cause and implement corrective and preventive action
- Gain knowledge in legacy product field performance and use it to inform next generation product architecture. Influence design teams to address and eliminate historical failure modes through product design
- Own the manufacturing quality plan and its execution during new product introduction and subsequent mass production ramp phases. Ensure critical to quality components are manufactured to specification using stable and capable processes
- Experience in a hardware engineering environment, with exposure to overseas supplier management a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to lead through influence among technical teams
- Familiarity with structured problem solving methodologies such as root cause analysis, 8D, A3, DMAIC. Certified Quality Engineer, Six Sigma certification or equivalent a plus.
- Highly collaborative and results driven. Constantly striving to improve performance, reduce waste, and manage cost
- Strong interpersonal skills, energetic and self-directed. Not afraid to speak up or pivot to a new direction when needed. Natural problem solver.
- Excellent organizational skills along with demonstrated ability to manage concurrent tasks.
Our Perks & Benefits:
- Robust equity program to build future wealth through RSUs
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Low cost fund options in our 401K and access to advisors
- Generous paid Parental Leave (up to 16 weeks)
- Tenure-based paid Sabbatical Leave (up to 6 weeks)
- Flexible Out of Office Plan – Take time when you need it
- Ample on-site parking & pre-tax commuter benefits
- Healthy on-site lunches, snacks, beverages, & treats
- Regular sponsored professional development opportunities
- Many opt-in culture events across our diverse community
- And of course… unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.