Algorithms Software Intern (Summer 2024)
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Software is at the center of our product development, as it bridges the transition from digital models to beautiful physical form in 3D printing. As an intern on our software team, you’ll get to see code you write released in software that ships to customers. Our software team constantly works to improve the UI experience, and loves to get their hands dirty with 3D geometric algorithms and other puzzling problems.
If you’re passionate about software and want to help build the best desktop 3D printing software on the market, we want you as an Algorithms Software Intern.
Internship Term: Summer 2024
Location: Onsite in Somerville, MA
Application Requirements: Sharing examples of projects you’ve worked on or anything you’ve built is encouraged
- Develop novel and performant algorithms in modern C++ to tackle problems related to laser path planning, physics modeling, computational geometry, and 3D rendering
- Optimize and improve existing code to make every clock cycle count
- End-to-end feature development including design, implementation, and validation
- Cross platform (Win, Mac) desktop application development using C++17 and Qt
- Design and implement well-structured code with strong focus on maintainability, reusability, and testing
- Work in an agile product-focused environment
- Interested in developing high-performance software at the intersection of mathematics and science
- Comfortable tackling complex problems in unfamiliar domains, reading papers to understand the state-of-the-art
- Interested in image processing and geometry algorithms, parallel computing, and related mathematics
- Experienced in developing and optimizing low-level software (bonus points for C++!)