Materials Program Manager
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Materials Program Managers at Formlabs usher in new technology from concept through production, partnering with the materials scientists and the product stakeholders to develop world-class 3D printing materials. Materials Program Managers are the nexus between the materials team, product managers, manufacturing team, and external partners, coordinating all program activities from development through production ramp to product launch.
We look for people who are passionate about learning and taking on new challenges, care about the big-picture impact of their work, and are interested in building strong collaborative relationships with external partners and internal teams.
- Shipping the right product as fast as possible
- Responsible for managing the strategy, overall planning, execution and delivery of technically complex products from concept through production.
- Monitoring projects on an ongoing basis, evaluating progress/quality, and managing issue resolution. Communicating status, issues, and key risks to product stakeholders and senior management.
- Acting as the link between the materials team, product managers, manufacturing team, and external partners.
- Organize beta testing activities. Plan and coordinate the creation and implementation of externally facing technical documents.
- Ensuring program closure - including post launch issue tracking and required documentation.
- 5+ years of experience in an engineering or R&D environment, with demonstrated experience in project or program management.
- Understand how to bring product concepts from the lab to commercialization.
- Strong organizational skills along with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Not afraid to speak up or pivot to a new direction when needed.
- Self-starter and natural problem solver. Have a desire to increase the effectiveness of your teammates.
- Ability to work cross-functionally between product, engineering, production, and supply chain personnel. Experience communicating status and issues upward to product stakeholders and senior management.
- Highly collaborative and results driven, constantly striving to improve schedule and program efficiency. B.S. degree or higher in an engineering or science related field.
Our Perks & Benefits:
- Robust equity program to build future wealth through RSUs
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Low cost fund options in our 401K and access to advisors
- Generous paid Parental Leave (up to 16 weeks)
- Tenure-based paid Sabbatical Leave (up to 6 weeks)
- Flexible Out of Office Plan – Take time when you need it
- Ample on-site parking & pre-tax commuter benefits
- Healthy on-site lunches, snacks, beverages, & treats
- Regular sponsored professional development opportunities
- Many opt-in culture events across our diverse community
- And of course… unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.