Design Expert - Chicago
At Havenly, we’re reinventing the way that people design and shop for their homes, making both custom furniture and interior design industries delightful and accessible for all. We create spaces that people love coming home to. Havenly recently acquired Interior Define and we are so excited to add to this growing team!
We are seeking a new team member to play a key role in expanding our brand story by joining our Interior Define Studio in Chicago. As a member of our sales team, you’ll work in Studio with clients to consult them on furnishings, design, and assist with purchases. We are looking for an individual who loves design, is excited to exceed sales goals, is passionate about the client experience, and wants to be part of a team that is disrupting the industry through a transformative experience.
This is a full-time role, working in-store at our Interior Define studio in Chicago, IL.
The ideal candidate is eager to help us expand our brand, and to create a unique customer experience that far exceeds the uninspired, traditional furniture buying process. We are a fast-growing start-up reinventing the way people shop for custom furniture (beginning with sofas).
What You’ll Do:
- Meet sales and productivity quotas monthly.
- Manage the complete selling process from customer first touch to purchase execution and ensure the customer experience is exceptional at every step along the way.
- Work with clients both virtually and in-person at the Studio, to create beautiful designs on both the Havenly and Interior Define platforms.
- Utilize your interior design expertise to assist clients in one on one consultations via multi-channels: this includes virtual consultations, in-store appointments, and assisting walk-in traffic.
- Be an expert on our product offerings and design services, effectively communicating features and benefits to existing and prospective clients.
- Field inquiries and sell to clients over the phone, email and through virtual appointments.
- Proactively and in a timely fashion communicate with your clients and respond to their inquiries.
- Help cultivate our brand in Chicago, building a community around our new market.
- Be part of a company that is revolutionizing the way that consumers design and shop for their home.
Who You Are:
- You have 2-3 years experience in sales, a background in furniture, or providing Interior Design services. Most importantly, you have a keen eye for design!
- You are a team player, excited about building an innovative brand that prioritizes an elevated customer experience.
- You have experience working on a team and can cultivate collaborative team growth and development.
- Proven success in meeting or exceeding given targets and sales goals.
- Proven success in managing multiple client projects, deliverables, and communications simultaneously - You know how to manage a project end-to-end and can keep up on stringent timelines throughout that process.
- The ability to design within a range of budgets and style.
- Proficiency in both Photoshop and floor planning softwares.
- Proficiency in the Mac Operating System, IOS devices, and Google Apps (Gmail, Drive, Calendar.
- Being that this is a tech-heavy environment, candidates should be able to toggle between different programs throughout the majority of their day, and feel comfortable learning new platforms.
- Comfortable in a startup environment, and adaptable to change
- Detail oriented and capable of managing the nuance of individual customer needs.
- An effective and professional communicator, and able to maintain a calm and friendly presence throughout each customer interaction.
- Flexible, adaptable and able to drive full ownership for your work. You love to jump in and solve problems. You find creative solutions and are able to troubleshoot quickly.
- By nature always looking for opportunities to make things better and faster (without compromising quality).
- Not only a designer, but a design enthusiast, keeping up with current trends and news in both the furniture and interior design industries.
- This is a full-time exempt position located in Chicago, and includes regular operating hours on the weekends
- While the studio experience is unlike other traditional retail environments, it does have elements of traditional retail and candidates should feel comfortable working face-to-face with clients on a regular basis.
- Targeted compensation range for this role: $70-75,000 OTE year. OTE is a combination of base salary plus commissions (60/40 split).
- Our total rewards package includes competitive compensation, accrued PTO, floating holidays, volunteer days off, health benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability), company equity, 401K, paid parental leave, and fertility benefits. In addition, we offer free design services, furniture discounts, and anniversary credits.
- Applicants must be able to lift and mobilize small to medium items up to 50 lbs., while utilizing appropriate equipment and adhering to safety guidelines.
- Applicants must be able to maneuver effectively around the studio floor.
- This position entails prolonged standing, twisting, stooping, kneeling, squatting, bending and climbing
- Licensed to drive preferred.
- Havenly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Havenly's employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with Havenly’s policies as well as in compliance with state and federal regulations, and our ongoing commitment to safeguarding the health of our employees, their families, and the community at large, COVID-19 vaccines are required for all employees at Havenly. Accordingly, any offer of employment is conditioned upon an applicant’s ability to provide proof of vaccination. Should you require accommodation for medical or religious needs, Havenly will engage in an interactive process with you to determine if a reasonable accommodation can be provided in accordance with applicable City, State and/or Federal law. Any approved accommodation will also include a requirement that unvaccinated employees submit to weekly COVID-19 testing.
As a company, our goal is to make everyone feel good at home. We celebrate our differences and encourage everyone to bring their authentic selves to work each and every day. Throughout the journey of each of our team members, as a company, we take pride in and commit to ensuring that everyone feels valued, heard, welcome and has equal opportunity to thrive. With the above stated, we are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive team. We are open to candidates of all backgrounds and encourage you to apply if interested, even if you don’t meet all of the outlined requirements.