Generalist, People & Culture Team
At Havenly, we believe that everyone deserves a beautiful home they love. Founded in 2014, we've grown into the #1 interior design service in the country.
We're reinventing the way that people design and shop for their homes, making custom furniture and interior design delightful and accessible for all. Although we're headquartered in Denver, we offer both online and in-person services, operating design studios on both coasts and throughout the US.
As a member of the People & Culture team, The Generalist, will report to the Sr. Dir, People & Culture to help build an organization and a culture that will enable Havenly’s continued growth, success, and scale. You will help to proactively drive initiatives and provide HR support across the business in areas including: HR operations (HRIS, payroll, benefits), compliance, performance management, leadership development, employee relations, and talent acquisition. You will constantly challenge the status quo, look for new and innovative ways to be better, do more, uphold the Havenly cultural values, and foster a high performing and engaged team.
What You’ll Do:
- You’ll be one of the first faces our new employees will see, as you both design and execute the onboarding experience.
- Manage benefits, including health, dental, vision, STD, LTD, and 401K.
- Process semi-monthly payroll for our 160+ employees.
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal labor laws and posting requirements.
- Support with the offboarding of team members.
- Maintain data integrity and process efficiency throughout the full HR tech stack (BambooHR, Gusto, Deputy, Greenhouse, Benefits platforms, etc.)
- Ideate and implement practices that promote an inclusive, fun, and high-performing work environment for all employees.
- Make the critical new hire experience engaging and thoughtful, ensure that each new team member to join Havenly is setup for success in their role and the company.
- Become a trusted supporter and advisor to all of our employees.
Who You Are
- You preferably have a Bachelor’s Degree preferred with 2+ years of People Ops/HR administrative or generalist experience, preferably with a high growth startup.
- You have demonstrated the ability to handle sensitive employee information with strict adherence to confidentiality protocols.
- You have strong research skills, and know how to objectively form a recommendation when confronted with new or unknown situations.
- You leverage technology wherever possible, and are a quick learner when it comes to learning new software.
- You are proficient in data analysis, and have the ability to manipulate large datasets in Excel/Sheets (Vlookup, Pivot Tables, etc.).
- You are comfortable operating in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills, and are able to form strong professional relationships at all levels of the organization.
- You are a team player who steps up when the business, or your coworkers, needs additional support.
- You genuinely enjoy approaching your work with an entrepreneurial and collaborative spirit while having fun at the same time
- You have strong attention to detail, follow-through, and resourcefulness.
- You can shift from being strategic to executional and you enjoy wearing many different hats.
- You are innately curious and constantly thinking about ways we could improve.
- You are passionate about building high performing, diverse, and inclusive communities.
- You’ve seen the impact both good and bad culture can have on an organization, and are ruthless about creating the former.
- This is a full-time, hybrid (1 to 2 days in-office), exempt position headquartered in Denver, Colorado. Remote candidates may be considered.
- Targeted compensation range for this role: $65K-$75K/year, dependent upon experience.
- Our total rewards package includes competitive compensation, generous PTO, volunteer days off, health benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability), 401K, paid Parental leave, and fertility benefits. In addition, we offer free design services, furniture discounts, and merchandise credits.
- Havenly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Havenly's employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with Havenly’s policies as well as in compliance with state and federal regulations, and our ongoing commitment to safeguarding the health of our employees, their families, and the community at large, COVID-19 vaccines are required for all employees at Havenly. Accordingly, any offer of employment is conditioned upon an applicant’s ability to provide proof of vaccination. Should you require accommodation for medical or religious needs, Havenly will engage in an interactive process with you to determine if a reasonable accommodation can be provided in accordance with applicable City, State and/or Federal law. Any approved accommodation will also include a requirement that unvaccinated employees submit to weekly COVID-19 testing.
As a company, our goal is to make everyone feel good at home and that starts right here, at Havenly HQ. We celebrate our differences and encourage everyone to bring their true selves to work each and every day. Throughout the journey of each of our team members, as a company, we take pride in and commit to ensuring that everyone feels valued, heard, welcome and has equal opportunity to thrive. With the above stated, Havenly is committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive team. We are open to candidates of all backgrounds and encourage you to apply if interested.