Senior Interior Designer
At Havenly, we believe that everyone deserves a beautiful home they love. Founded in 2014, we've grown into the #1 interior design marketplace in the country. We're reinventing the way that people design and shop for their homes, making custom furniture and interior design delightful and accessible for all.
We’re looking for a Senior Interior Designer to join our team who is excited to coach, mentor, and engage a team of interior designers who work on the Havenly platform. In this role you will celebrate, coach and support interior designers to meet their performance targets, ensuring they’re delivering beautiful designs that not only meet but exceed their clients expectations. Our ideal candidate is a skilled and talented Interior Designer who can coach on best practices in Interior Design and design style, while also measuring performance, and assisting with improvements to our service and process.
This is a full-time salaried role working out of our Denver, CO headquarters on our Design Experience team.
What you’ll do:
- Regularly review and critique designer work to ensure high quality of all deliverables
- Provide coaching and training around communication, sales, and delivering the best possible customer experience
- Monitor and ensure attainment of key success metrics
- Run weekly design pin-ups with your team of designers to critique and coach on visuals.
- Assist in building tools/assets to help the design team source more efficiently (ie pinterest boards, design templates, etc.)
- Surface new features, process changes, etc. that would improve quality of the service and improve designer efficiency
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Customer Experience, Tech, and Product teams to ensure the client and designer experience is operating smoothly and bugs are identified, ticketed, and addressed.
- Participate in special initiatives and projects related to marketing and VIP clients
- Create supporting content for designers to use to improve their performance on the platform.
- Create content to share with your designer team, host webinars, meetings, and perform regular touchbases.
- Design for a small number of clients each quarter through the Havenly platform
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Interior Design preferred.
- 5+ years experience in the Interior Design industry with knowledge of general principles of design, and design philosophy.
- 2+ years of leadership or management; directly overseeing a team of creatives.
- Portfolio showcasing your design expertise from former interior design projects.
- Proficiency in design and space planning software as well as Google suite of tools for organizing, sharing and tracking work.\
- Impeccable storytelling, and excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Naturally leads with confidence, approachability, and kindness.
- Ability to absorb and apply learnings and feedback.
What we offer:
- A challenging opportunity, and a great team to work beside
- A data driven environment where your insights and expertise will be valued
- An environment where you can move fast, work hard, see results, and feel your impact
- An opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a successful startup
- Salary, benefits, and design services & furniture credits and discounts - Have a room that needs some love? We got you!=
- This is a full-time exempt position working out of our headquarters in Denver, CO.
- Targeted compensation range for this role: $55-65K/year dependent upon experience.
- This role will be eligible for a bonus plan for meeting key performance indicators monthly.
- Our total rewards package includes competitive compensation, generous PTO, volunteer days off, health benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability), 401K, paid Parental leave, and Fertility benefits. In addition, we offer free design services, furniture discounts, and merchandise credits.
- Havenly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Havenly's employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
As a company, our goal is to make everyone feel good at home and that starts right here, at Havenly HQ. We celebrate our differences and encourage everyone to bring their true selves to work each and every day. Throughout the journey of each of our team members, as a company, we take pride in and commit to ensuring that everyone feels valued, heard, welcome and has equal opportunity to thrive. With the above stated, Havenly is committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive team. We are open to candidates of all backgrounds and encourage you to apply if interested.