Senior Software Engineer - Backend
Hi, Hello! 👋
Want to join a diverse and exciting team that will revolutionize how the world thinks about business connections? You’re in the right place.
HiHello is changing how everyone—from individuals to Fortune 500 companies—manages their most important relationships. It all starts with the digital business card!
HiHello business cards unlock new opportunities, strengthen your network, cut the costs of traditional cards, and are better for the environment. Over 800k professionals in 180 different countries already trust HiHello to manage their contacts, and we are just getting started!
How you will make an impact:
We are building the Engineering team here at HiHello and looking for amazing people to come to join us. The ultimate goal is to build the next relationship network -- something that is better and potentially very different than LinkedIn. We're building a product that appeals to individuals and enterprises (yes, both). We have people from all walks of life (from CEOs to Balloon Artists) who use our platform.
Success in this role means thriving in an environment of autonomy, open-communication while having leadership and mentoring support. This role will be responsible for making this platform easy to use and attractive to non-technical users. You’re passionate about building APIs, knowledgeable of databases, and take great pride in providing performant solutions. When you ship something, you are confident that it is secure and balance iterating with shipping it.
Lastly, you’re comfortable working with a remote team and using synchronous and asynchronous communications to collaborate effectively. You aren't afraid of trying new things but know when to pull back on something when it doesn't add value.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Architect and develop solutions in Node.JS and TS to scale a complex platform
- Improve engineering processes, tooling, and efficiency; ci/cd pipelining, API’s, infrastructure
- Open communication within your team and cross-functionally to find solutions that serve us
- Mentor and guide team members
We are looking for people who have:
- Passion for architecting and building strong backend solutions
- Strong proficiency in Node.js and Typescript
- Strong knowledge GraphQL APIs
- Experience with document storage such as Firebase Firestore or DynamoDB
- Previous experience with cloud providers such as Google Cloud or AWS
- Familiarity with Docker
- Hold themselves and their work to a high standard
- Familiarity with DevOps and relevant tools such as Terraform, Kubernetes, Gitlab CI, GitHub Actions, etc
- Understanding of DNS, CDNs, and email deliverability, spam score issues
- Knowledge of AI/ML; you have data to back your decisions
- Experience with converting raw data to consumable charts
- Ability to use data to tell the story of our customers
- Passion to introduce new tech, and help our company make better product decisions
What’s in it for you:
- Fully remote office, flexible working hours
- Unlimited paid time off
- Competitive compensation package (base salary + options/equity)
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance(US based)
- Home office stipend
- Professional development stipend
- Annual company retreat
- Opportunity to build things from scratch & make a significant impact
- Work with & learn from a kind, diverse, awesome team
Our commitment to an inclusive culture:
At HiHello, we value everyone’s opinions and ideas. We believe that an inclusive environment harnesses the power of the innate diversity of our team. This allows us to drive innovative change by evaluating and adopting suggestions based on their value to our business and not the source of the idea. We know that embracing inclusion helps us, individually and collectively, to be better every day as a company and as people. We are committed to equal opportunity and welcome people of any gender identity, race, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, or any underrepresented groups to apply.