Backend Engineer - Mexico
Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico · Remote
Posted on Friday, May 26, 2023
All roles at JumpCloud are Remote unless otherwise specified in the Job Description.
JumpCloud’s mission is to Make Work Happen®, providing simple, secure access to an organization’s technology resources from any device, or any location. The JumpCloud Open Directory Platform gives IT, security operations, and DevOps a single, cloud-based solution to control and manage employee identities and their devices, and apply conditional access controls based on Zero Trust principals. Since launching in 2012, our global user base has grown to more than 150,000 organizations, with more than 5,000 paying customers including Cars.com, GoFundMe, Grab, ClassPass, Uplight and Peloton. JumpCloud has raised over $400M from world-class investors including Sapphire Ventures, General Atlantic, Sands Capital, Atlassian, and CrowdStrike. Our teams are growing fast, too, and we're looking for talent across engineering, sales, customer success, marketing, product management, and more. Join our team of dedicated, passionate, and creative people who are eager to change the IT industry forever.
About The Role
JumpCloud is looking for a Backend Engineer to join an engineering team focusing on our Authentication/Authorization offerings. You will play a pivotal role in delivering quality features that our customers love, such as building tools for administrators to easily configure access to resources. You will work with our product and engineering team in a collaborative manner ensuring that our customers' needs are met while not compromising on quality code.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborate closely with product managers, architects and UX on an agile scrum team to deliver incremental value that is core to our services.
- The scrum team consists of UI engineers, back end engineers, and quality engineers. You’ll be actively involved in sprint planning sessions, refinement sessions, and retrospectives. We want to hear your voice in each step of the team’s success!
- Drive feature implementation with the team through your individual contributions, reviewing the code of others, and collaborating with quality engineers to write automated tests
- Demonstrate strong service ownership with the team by sharing your thoughts to shape organization, process and design. We support our services with an on-call plan that is shaped by industry best practices to support healthy work/life balance.
- Partner with architects, Security, and DevOps to help make key technology decisions that ensure our designs are secure, highly available, scalable and performant.
- Help the team and organization live by our core values: building connections, thinking big and getting 1% better every day.
We’re looking for:
- 3-5 years of enterprise software development experience building highly available distributed systems in a variety of languages. JumpCloud currently uses Go, Node.js, Python and Vue.js
- Hands-on experience designing and implementing RESTful APIs. Bonus points if you have implemented APIs based off of the gRPC protocol.
- Experience using Docker containers and CI/CD pipelines to build, test and deploy to environments using container orchestrators such as Nomad or Kubernetes
- Proficiency using Git version control
- Comfortable using the Linux command line
- Database experience is required, including relational (Postgres, SQL Server, etc) and non-relational databases (Mongo, Redis, etc)
- Ability to work effectively and independently in a remote position with minimal supervision.
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills. We collaborate in many ways, such as video calls, group chat channels, or editing documents asynchronously.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with infrastructure as code (Terraform, Ansible, etc)
- Built CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins, CircleCI, Bamboo, GitLab, GitHub Actions, etc)
- Front-end development experience with modern frameworks (Vue.js or React)
- Experience in developing SaaS applications in the cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Monitoring and analytics solutions (Dynatrace, DataDog, or NewRelic)
Where you’ll be working/Location:
JumpCloud is committed to being Remote First, meaning that you are able to work remotely within the country noted in the Job Description.
This role is remote in the country of Mexico. You must be located in and authorized to work in Mexico to be considered for this role.
If you thrive working in a fast, SaaS-based environment and you are passionate about solving challenging technical problems, we look forward to hearing from you! JumpCloud is an incredible place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with amazing talent across each department who are passionate about our mission. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique ideas and approaches for conceiving a product and/or feature will be welcome. You’ll have a voice in the organization as you work with a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and in a proven market that our customers are excited about.
One of JumpCloud's three core values is to “Build Connections.” To us that means creating " human connection with each other regardless of our backgrounds, orientations, geographies, religions, languages, gender, race, etc. We care deeply about the people that we work with and want to see everyone succeed." - Rajat Bhargava, CEO
Please submit your résumé and brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud. Please note JumpCloud is not accepting third party resumes at this time.
JumpCloud is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
See more open positions at JumpCloud
Something looks off?