Software Engineer, Backend Developer - India
Posted on Thursday, July 13, 2023
All roles at JumpCloud are Remote unless otherwise specified in the Job Description.
JumpCloud’s mission is to Make Work Happen®, providing simple, secure access to an organization’s technology resources from any device, or any location. The JumpCloud Open Directory Platform gives IT, security operations, and DevOps a single, cloud-based solution to control and manage employee identities and their devices, and apply conditional access controls based on Zero Trust principals. Since launching in 2012, our global user base has grown to more than 150,000 organizations, with more than 5,000 paying customers including Cars.com, GoFundMe, Grab, ClassPass, Uplight and Peloton. JumpCloud has raised over $400M from world-class investors including Sapphire Ventures, General Atlantic, Sands Capital, Atlassian, and CrowdStrike. Our teams are growing fast, too, and we're looking for talent across engineering, sales, customer success, marketing, product management, and more. Join our team of dedicated, passionate, and creative people who are eager to change the IT industry forever.
Do you enjoy solving challenging problems using the latest technologies within a great team? Is knowing your work will be highly visible and mission critical a key component for the next step in your career? At JumpCloud, we’re looking for best-in-class talent to help define the future of modern identity and device management from the ground up.
JumpCloud is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join an engineering team focusing on OAuth, OpenID Connect, Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) and working with services that use all of these technologies. Identity Management (IM) services are a key part of the entire JumpCloud product portfolio. Along with our Authentication and Authorization services, IM provides the foundation for our identity and security solutions, both cloud and device based. The Identity team’s work will make using JumpCloud even easier and more seamless, while providing a very high level of security.
What we are looking for
- 5-8 years experience developing distributed systems, microservices, and REST APIs (including using them as integration points with third-party applications) in a variety of programming languages including Golang.
- Experience using one of the public cloud providers (AWS, GCP or Azure) with CI/CD pipelines (Travis/CircleCI) to build, test and deploy.
- Willingness to mentor junior members of the team.
- Bonus points if you have experience with Python, Docker, feature flags, and BDD.
What you will be doing
- Feature implementation through both individual contributions and providing guidance in terms of organization, process and design.
- Our team primarily uses Go, although experience with other modern languages is fine.
- We collaborate closely with architects, UX, and DevOps to ensure our systems are highly available, scalable, performant, and deliver an amazing user experience.
- We use the scrum framework.
- Learning and working with cryptography and security concepts, including PKI and TLS/SSL agreement protocols, authentication, symmetric and asymmetric encryption, and related concepts. Bonus points if you have experience with these already.
- Using OAuth/OIDC flows to authenticate users and then allow them to use services.
- Integrate identity via certs, OAuth and other methods into cloud services like AWS API Gateway.
- Work with 3rd party applications like mesh VPNs to ensure that these applications work with JumpCloud provided identity.
- Shape the future of our Identity Management services roadmap by participating in planning/scoping conversations with product managers.
- Help the team and organization live by our core values: building connections, thinking big and getting 1% better every day.
Where you’ll be working/Location:
JumpCloud is committed to being Remote First, meaning that you are able to work remotely within the country noted in the Job Description.
This role is remote in the country of India. You must be located in and authorized to work in India to be considered for this role.
If you thrive working in a fast, SaaS-based environment and you are passionate about solving challenging technical problems, we look forward to hearing from you! JumpCloud is an incredible place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with amazing talent across each department who are passionate about our mission. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique ideas and approaches for conceiving a product and/or feature will be welcome. You’ll have a voice in the organization as you work with a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and in a proven market that our customers are excited about.
One of JumpCloud's three core values is to “Build Connections.” To us that means creating " human connection with each other regardless of our backgrounds, orientations, geographies, religions, languages, gender, race, etc. We care deeply about the people that we work with and want to see everyone succeed." - Rajat Bhargava, CEO
Please submit your résumé and brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud. Please note JumpCloud is not accepting third party resumes at this time.
JumpCloud is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.