Data Engineer - Mexico
Mexico City, Mexico · Remote
Posted on Wednesday, August 9, 2023
All roles at JumpCloud are Remote unless otherwise specified in the Job Description.
JumpCloud® helps IT teams and Managed Service Providers (MSPs) Make Work Happen® by centralizing management of user identities and devices, enabling small and medium-sized enterprises to adopt Zero Trust security models. JumpCloud has been used by more than 200,000 organizations, including GoFundMe, Grab, ClassPass, Beyond Finance, and Foursquare. JumpCloud has raised over $400M from world-class investors including Sapphire Ventures, General Atlantic, Sands Capital, Atlassian, and CrowdStrike. Our teams are growing fast, too, and we're looking for talent across engineering, sales, customer success, marketing, product management, and more. Join our team of dedicated, passionate, and creative people who are eager to change the IT industry forever.
About the Role:
We’re looking for a Data Engineer to support JumpCloud’s Enterprise Data Operations team in developing and refining a data model that supports JumpCloud’s growth strategy. A successful data engineer will exhibit an entrepreneurial spirit and enjoy tackling data engineering problems that most other people cannot solve, as well as shaping the future capabilities of JumpCloud’s data engineering, performance reporting and data governance. Come be a part of an exciting new team where you will be able to work on challenging projects, rich data sets, and develop valuable skills. This role involves frequent engagement with analytics partners and data/platform engineering to mature our data model and pipelines and will report to the senior manager of data.
What you'll be doing:
- Act as a trust liaison between the business and data platform engineering; help prioritize and streamline data ingestion efforts, build scalable data pipelines for data ingestion for analytics and reporting needs
- Lead end-to-end ownership of existing data pipelines, develop new data pipelines, monitor and support data ingestion processes ensuring accurate and timely availability of data in the data warehouse
- Partner with analytics and operational experts to develop data models and systems that provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency, and other key business performance metrics
- Partner with business stakeholders in Product, Growth, Marketing, Finance, Customer Success, and Sales teams to investigate data-related technical issues and support their data needs
- Develop documentation capturing system integration, data flows, data quality, data dictionary, user guides and best practices.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Tackle key data curation and governance efforts to optimize the data model for quality, reliability, and self-service capabilities
We're looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field
- 3+ years of experience in a data engineering role, extensive and in-depth data pipeline development experience with industry standard data integrations and workflow orchestration tools like Airflow, Spark, dbt etc.
- Fivetran experience is a highly desirable
- 1+ year(s) working with and optimizing a cloud data platform like Snowflake, Redshift or BigQuery in a Data Lake environment supporting structured and semi-structured data. Snowflake experience is highly preferred
- Advanced knowledge and experience in complex SQL querying, data processing techniques and relational databases
- Experience developing data quality and validation checks, addressing service incidents related to data load or quality issues, ensuring data delivery SLAs are met as expected
- Familiarity with data design, dimensional modeling principles and data integration concepts including Batch vs real-time data processing, appropriate data architectures to support variety of analytics workloads
- Understanding and application of robust change management techniques and version control tools.
- Git/Gitlab/Github experience highly preferred
- Prior understanding of Salesforce data architecture and best practices is desired
- Solid project management and organizational skills; Agile experience is a plus
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; Start-up experience is preferable
- Experience with product-led-growth (PLG) is a plus
Where you’ll be working/Location:
JumpCloud is committed to being Remote First, meaning that you are able to work remotely within the country noted in the Job Description.
This role is remote in the country of Mexico. You must be located in and authorized to work in Mexico to be considered for this role.
If you thrive working in a fast, SaaS-based environment and you are passionate about solving challenging technical problems, we look forward to hearing from you! JumpCloud is an incredible place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with amazing talent across each department who are passionate about our mission. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique ideas and approaches for conceiving a product and/or feature will be welcome. You’ll have a voice in the organization as you work with a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and in a proven market that our customers are excited about.
One of JumpCloud's three core values is to “Build Connections.” To us that means creating " human connection with each other regardless of our backgrounds, orientations, geographies, religions, languages, gender, race, etc. We care deeply about the people that we work with and want to see everyone succeed." - Rajat Bhargava, CEO
Please submit your résumé and brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud. Please note JumpCloud is not accepting third party resumes at this time.
JumpCloud is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.