Senior Security Engineer, Product Security - India
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India · Remote
Posted on Wednesday, September 27, 2023
All roles at JumpCloud are Remote unless otherwise specified in the Job Description.
JumpCloud’s mission is to Make Work Happen®, providing simple, secure access to an organization’s technology resources from any device, or any location. The JumpCloud Open Directory Platform gives IT, security operations, and DevOps a single, cloud-based solution to control and manage employee identities and their devices, and apply conditional access controls based on Zero Trust principals. Since launching in 2012, our global user base has grown to more than 150,000 organizations, with more than 5,000 paying customers including Cars.com, GoFundMe, Grab, ClassPass, Uplight and Peloton. JumpCloud has raised over $400M from world-class investors including Sapphire Ventures, General Atlantic, Sands Capital, Atlassian, and CrowdStrike. Our teams are growing fast, too, and we're looking for talent across engineering, sales, customer success, marketing, product management, and more. Join our team of dedicated, passionate, and creative people who are eager to change the IT industry forever.
About the Role:
The Senior Security Engineer, SecOps role is responsible for Threat Modeling, product security design reviews, secure coding (SDLC) efforts, and risk assessment/adjustment.
- Identify security flaws in source code and deployed systems.
- Drive our Threat Modeling initiatives for products engineered outside of the US
- Perform Threat Modeling activities and product security design reviews
- Enforce policy and implementation of SDLC practices
- Assist with our Responsible Vulnerability Disclosure Program
- Assist engineering leadership and architects in designing secure products
- Ensure product security findings are triaged, reproducible, and provide guidance on resolution
- Assist with 3rd party penetration tests
- Assist with Red Team efforts
Additional Responsibilities/Opportunities for growth:
- Depending on your skillset and interest level, the following responsibilities are available to all members of the security team:
- Assist in CSIRT efforts – including incident response, mitigation, and forensics
- Assist in DevSecOps efforts – including the implementation, creation, and/or configuration of security tooling, services, and infrastructure
Qualifications And Skills
- Expertise in application-level vulnerability testing or building software security controls
- Substantial knowledge of common web application attacks and defense strategies (e.g. OWASP Top 10, critical controls, and CWE Top 25)
- Proficient in detection, exploitation, and prevention of security vulnerabilities.
- In-depth technical knowledge of software development, security engineering, computer and network security, authentication, security protocols, certificates, and applied cryptography.
- Expertise with AWS and AWS security best practices
- Familiarity with containerization (kubernetes) and protecting cloud-native architectures
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with any combination of the following: penetration testing, threat modeling, secure software development, application security, product security
- Understand the people aspects of security and enjoy collaborating with others to build secure things
- Views security as an enabler, not an inhibitor to innovation
- Results oriented
- High Level of Integrity
- Ownership and Accountability
- High Level of Autonomy
- Clear Communication
- Creative Problem Solver
- Passionate about Security
Where you’ll be working/Location:
JumpCloud is committed to being Remote First, meaning that you are able to work remotely within the country noted in the Job Description.
This role is remote in the country of India. You must be located in and authorized to work in India to be considered for this role.
If you thrive working in a fast, SaaS-based environment and you are passionate about solving challenging technical problems, we look forward to hearing from you! JumpCloud is an incredible place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with amazing talent across each department who are passionate about our mission. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique ideas and approaches for conceiving a product and/or feature will be welcome. You’ll have a voice in the organization as you work with a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and in a proven market that our customers are excited about.
One of JumpCloud's three core values is to “Build Connections.” To us that means creating " human connection with each other regardless of our backgrounds, orientations, geographies, religions, languages, gender, race, etc. We care deeply about the people that we work with and want to see everyone succeed." - Rajat Bhargava, CEO
Please submit your résumé and brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud. Please note JumpCloud is not accepting third party resumes at this time.
JumpCloud is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.