Tier 2 Customer Support Engineer, MacOS & MDM - India
Delhi, India · Remote
Posted on Wednesday, December 6, 2023
All roles at JumpCloud are Remote unless otherwise specified in the Job Description.
JumpCloud® helps IT teams and Managed Service Providers (MSPs) Make Work Happen® by centralizing management of user identities and devices, enabling small and medium-sized enterprises to adopt Zero Trust security models. JumpCloud has been used by more than 200,000 organizations, including GoFundMe, Grab, ClassPass, Beyond Finance, and Foursquare. JumpCloud has raised over $400M from world-class investors including Sapphire Ventures, General Atlantic, Sands Capital, Atlassian, and CrowdStrike. Our teams are growing fast, too, and we're looking for talent across engineering, sales, customer success, marketing, product management, and more. Join our team of dedicated, passionate, and creative people who are eager to change the IT industry forever.
About the Role
As a Technical Support Engineer - Tier 2 and Partner Support you will be responsible for providing world-class technical support to JumpCloud’s customers. We are looking for a highly technical self-starter that is driven to exceed customer expectations across JumpCloud’s various support channels. This position will resolve high priority and mission critical customer issues in a fast-paced environment. As a Technical Support Engineer- Tier 2 you will help provide mentoring and training to Tier 1 Engineers, apply your deep technical knowledge to resolve customer issues, and regularly interface across Support and Engineering to ensure the timely resolution of defects.
What you’ll be doing:
- Resolve complex and urgent technical issues and customer escalations through email, phone, and chat interactions
- Manage a queue of support tickets for high priority and complex technical issues
- Provide mentoring and coaching to Tier 1 Technical Support Engineers
- Partner with Engineering to drive resolution of critical issues, outages, and defects
- Collaborate with Product and Learning teams to ensure customer education programs are accurate and up to date
- Maintain a deep technical understanding of the entire JumpCloud Platform while serving as an SME to develop internal training
- Collaborate with Account Manager and Implementation Engineers to ensure the success of our new customers as they transition into the day to day use of our product
- Develop and maintain internal knowledge base articles to increase shared knowledge among the entire support engineering team
- Collaborate with peers on projects aimed at improving the customer and support engineer experiences
We’re looking for...
- Inspired technology professionals who love the challenge of supporting our customers and internal teams to ensure the successful adoption, usage, integration of the JumpCloud platform.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a technical, customer-facing position
- Excellent interpersonal communication, passion for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer-facing environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills are imperative.
- A logical approach to problem solving.
- In-depth knowledge of the Windows platform - Registry Hives, LGPOs, PowerShell and CMD, Windows Credential Manager (WCM), Event Logging, Windows Home/Pro/Server Experience
- In-depth knowledge of the Active Directory platform - Domain Forests, GPOs, Azure Active Directory (AAD), User/Group Management, Network Architecture and Design
- Understanding or exposure to one or more of the following:
- Single Sign-on (SAML)
- Networking & Authentication (RADIUS)
- Directory Services (Azure, G Suite, Okta, LDAP)
- macOS and Linux Operating Systems
- User onboarding and offboarding
- REST APIs
- Previous JumpCloud experience
- Track record of automating IT services via scripting, PowerShell, Slack, and APIs
- Experience supporting Networking & Authentication (RADIUS)
- Experience supporting AWS environments
- Experience supporting Managed Service Providers
- Shifts are flexible including days, afternoons, nights.
- You must be flexible to work any of these shifts to qualify for this opportunity.
Where you’ll be working/Location:
JumpCloud is committed to being Remote First, meaning that you are able to work remotely within the country noted in the Job Description.
You must be located in and authorized to work in the country noted in the job description to be considered for this role.
Please note: There is an expectation that our engineers participate in on-call shifts. You will be expected commit to being ready and able to respond during your assigned shift, so that alerts don't go unaddressed.
If you thrive working in a fast, SaaS-based environment and you are passionate about solving challenging technical problems, we look forward to hearing from you! JumpCloud is an incredible place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with amazing talent across each department who are passionate about our mission. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique ideas and approaches for conceiving a product and/or feature will be welcome. You’ll have a voice in the organization as you work with a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and in a proven market that our customers are excited about.
One of JumpCloud's three core values is to “Build Connections.” To us that means creating " human connection with each other regardless of our backgrounds, orientations, geographies, religions, languages, gender, race, etc. We care deeply about the people that we work with and want to see everyone succeed." - Rajat Bhargava, CEO
Please submit your résumé and brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud. Please note JumpCloud is not accepting third party resumes at this time.
JumpCloud is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.