Full Stack Engineer
Launched by founding team members of Trulia.com, Knock currently operates in 75 markets nationwide. Knock has raised $900 million in debt and equity from top-tier investors, including Foundry Group, Greycroft, RRE, Parker89 and The National Association of Realtors®, giving NAR’s 1.6 million members the ability to market Knock's homeownership solutions to their clients. For more information visit: knock.com.
Enjoying Life & Making an Impact:
- Since our founding in 2015, Knock has and continues to offer a 100% remote work culture
- 100% employee covered medical, dental, & vision premiums for full time employees
- Flexible Paid Time Off for full time employees
- Paid parental leave for all full time employees: 12 weeks paid parental leave for the birthing mother, 6 weeks paid parental leave for the non-birthing parent
- $1,000 annually for professional development
- Life, AD&D and Disability insurance for full time employees
- 401K (noncontributory by Knock) for all employees
- $75 monthly allowance for health & wellness
- Up to $400 monthly for a co-working space for eligible employees
- $100 monthly allowance for home internet, mobile phone or other communication devices
- $2,500 referral bonus for eligible employees
As a Full Stack Engineer you’ll be a core part of the team building the growth engine for Knock and helping to create a world class customer experience. You’ll work on web applications that power Knock.com and the platform that supports our network of agents and Knockstars. In this role you’ll have the opportunity to build new technologies alongside a senior team.
- Build and maintain innovative new experiences for Knock’s internal and customer-facing web applications
- Understand the data that powers our applications, and be able to propose appropriate data models for new features
- Continually learn, grow, and expand your knowledge, while also supporting others’ learning experiences; act as a mentor and a resource for others inside and outside of your team
- Collaborate with our talented UX, Product, and Engineering teams as well as other parts of the Knock business to deliver great products
- Utilize to best practices for architecture, implementation, testing, monitoring, logging, and deployments
- Safeguard our customer experience and advocate for strong UX and Design principles
- Take on ad-hoc projects as they arise & always be willing to support your team where they need you
Qualifications - You’ll Bring:
- Full lifecycle software development experience in React or similar, including development, testing, troubleshooting, and deployment (we use Next.js)
- Full lifecycle software development experience in Node.js, including implementation, testing, troubleshooting, maintenance, instrumentation, monitoring, and deployment
- Desire to work at a rapidly growing startup and make it a success. Comfortable learning new technologies and tools while working with existing data and services
- Experience with various Node.js frameworks and modules
- Experience with at least one major cloud provider, ideally AWS - we use Lambda, S3, SNS, SQS, and CloudWatch)
- RDBMS and SQL experience (Mysql or Postgres), familiarity with techniques to profile and optimize queries
- Customer-first mindset and data-driven approach to your work
- Believe in creating diverse, equitable, and inclusive practices and programs that will further Knock’s commitment to making an impact, learning, putting people first, being open, and courageous
- A desire to work 100% remote and the ability to thrive in this environment
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant experience
- We encourage you to apply even if you don’t have every listed requirement
- Set up and constantly operate a computer
- Communicate and exchange accurate information to others via telephone or internet video applications
The candidate must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Our Compensation Philosophy: As a fully remote (U.S.-based) workforce, our goal is to ensure that all Knockstars are fairly compensated. Please note that the salary range information that follows is a good faith estimate for this position provided pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act for Colorado applicants. The salary range estimate for this position is: $149,000.00 - $193,000.00 USD.
The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package & benefits, will be at the company’s sole discretion, and determined by factors including but not limited to years of experience, job level, geographic location, and other relevant business considerations. The company also reserves the right to amend or modify this job description, employee perks, and benefits at any time. Employees eligible for bonus and/or commission will be provided details in the offer letter.
Please no recruitment firm or agency inquiries, you will not receive a reply from us.
This position is in the continental United States.
PDF is our preferred format for resumes and any other attachments. Thank you!