Knock is a caring group of people who came together from across the industry with the belief there had to be a better way to serve people in the journey between homes. We offer a first-of-its-kind Knock Bridge Loan™ that gives everyone in the process more convenience, certainty, and competitiveness.
Founded in 2015, we have earned the industry’s trust: an A+ Better Business Bureau rating and relationships with more than 120,000 real estate agents in our 75 markets across the US. Launched by founding team members of Trulia, we are funded by industry leading investors, including Foundry Group, Greycroft, RRI, Parker89, and The National Association of Realtors who serves 1.6 million members. We’re most proud of the stories from people we’ve helped get their new home, and the five star Zillow rating from over 750 reviews. To learn more, Knock.
As a Loan Assistant, you will support the customer journey from application to funding, provide an overview of Knock’s products and programs, and assist Loan Officers by seeing customers through to a successful closing.
- Assist Loan Officers by gathering required documentation to complete the loan application
- Complete Patriot Act based on customer ID
- Ensure minimum submission requirements and documents are met prior to submitting loans to processing
- Assist both Loan Officers and Loan Processors with any borrower requests
- Assist in assigning new loan files to Loan Officers
- Understanding of TRID to compliantly issue initial disclosures and revised Loan Estimates
- Excellent customer service is second nature, with a natural inclination to assist others
- A quick study and self-starter: taking initiative and learning quickly in a remote, tech-enabled environment is critical to success
- Collegially competitive: meet or exceed individual quotas and expected company metrics while also sharing what is and isn’t working with an understanding that a rising tide lifts all ships
- Responsive to internal stakeholders and external customer needs, leaving no email unresponded and no voicemail unreturned
- Comfortable working autonomously: able to follow guides, job aids, and scripts to complete tasks such as gathering loan documentation and disclosing loan files - you search for your answer before asking a question
- Promote a culture that puts People First, with an emphasis on best-in-class customer service from lead to closing
- Continually learn, grow, and expand your knowledge of mortgage origination sales
- Take on ad-hoc projects as they arise & always be willing to support your team where they need you
Qualifications - You’ll bring:
- 1+ year experience as a Mortgage Loan Originator or Sales Assistant (Loan Officer Assistant)
- Active NMLS license or ability to acquire an NMLS license within the first 90 days of hire
- You are comfortable with change and working in a fast-paced, startup environment
- You are a team player and a fantastic communicator (written and verbal) - naturally inclined to deliver amazing customer service
- Basic knowledge of FNMA and FHLMC guidelines
- Process oriented with a keen eye for detail
- Belief in creating diverse, equitable, and inclusive practices and programs that will further Knock’s commitment to making an impact, learning, putting people first, being open, and courageous
- Have proven success working 100% remote in prior positions & are experienced working with a distributed, national team
- Experience using Encompass, Blend and/or Google Suite a plus
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in a sales or customer service role
- Set up and constantly operate a computer
- Communicate and exchange accurate information to others via telephone or internet video applications
The candidate must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Our Compensation Philosophy: As a fully remote (U.S.-based) workforce, our goal is to ensure that all Knockstars are fairly compensated. Please note that the salary range information that follows is a good faith estimate for this position provided pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act for Colorado applicants. The salary range estimate for this position is: $49,700 - $63,900.00 USD + incentive plan (bonus).
The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package & benefits, will be at the company’s sole discretion, and determined by factors including but not limited to years of experience, job level, geographic location, and other relevant business considerations. The company also reserves the right to amend or modify this job description, employee perks, and benefits at any time. Employees eligible for bonus and/or commission will be provided details in the offer letter.
Enjoying Life & Making an Impact:
- Since our founding in 2015, Knock has and continues to offer a 100% remote work culture
- Top tier medical, dental, & vision premiums for full time employees starting on the first day of employment
- Flexible Paid Time Off for full time employees
- Paid parental leave for all full time employees: 12 weeks paid parental leave for the birthing parent, 6 weeks paid parental leave for the non-birthing parent
- $1,000 annually for professional development
- Life, AD&D and Disability insurance for full time employees
- 401K (noncontributory by Knock) for all employees
- $75 monthly allowance for health & wellness
- Up to $400 monthly for a co-working space for eligible employees
- $100 monthly allowance for home internet, mobile phone or other communication devices
- $2,500 referral bonus for eligible employees
Knock provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable US federal, state, or local laws.
Internal Employees: If you are a current employee, do not apply here - please navigate to our Internal Job Board in Greenhouse to apply to our open roles.
We are proud to be a remote, distributed company with employees across 17 states and counting. This is an amazing opportunity to be an integral part of building a multi-billion dollar consumer brand in an industry that is long overdue for a new way of doing things. You will be working with a passionate team that is disrupting the status quo.
Knock, and its subsidiaries, are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and equitable environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable US federal, state, or local laws.
Please no recruitment firm or agency inquiries, you will not receive a reply from us.
PDF is our preferred format for resumes and any other attachments. Thank you!