Knock is a caring group of people who came together from across the industry with the belief there had to be a better way to serve people in the journey between homes. We offer a first-of-its-kind Knock Bridge Loan™ that gives everyone in the process more convenience, certainty, and competitiveness.
Founded in 2015, we have earned the industry’s trust: an A+ Better Business Bureau rating and relationships with more than 120,000 real estate agents in our 75 markets across the US. Launched by founding team members of Trulia, we are funded by industry leading investors, including Foundry Group, Greycroft, RRI, Parker89, and The National Association of Realtors who serves 1.6 million members. We’re most proud of the stories from people we’ve helped get their new home, and the five star Zillow rating from over 750 reviews. To learn more, Knock.
We are seeking a sales-driven, professional Mortgage Loan Officer to join our team. As a Loan Officer you will self-generate partnerships that drive loan applications and fundings of Knock Bridge Loans™. You will proactively identify, develop, and maintain a strategic network of business relationships that provide new Knock Bridge Loan™ opportunities.
- Develop and maintain a pipeline of strategic partnerships with external Loan Officer partners and Agents to drive your own pipeline of bridge loans
- Work closely within a team structure to generate leads and applications from your partners
- Meet and exceed sales targets monthly including applications and funded loans, with a minimum of 25 funded loans per month
- Partner with a loan assistant to provide an excellent experience for our partners and bridge loan customers from application to funded loan
- Advise Knock customers of appropriate products, terms, and pricing, while gathering any additional required information
- Meet or exceed on-time closing rate by overseeing your pipeline and working closely with cross-functional stakeholders to provide an experience that delights partners and customers
- Maintain a loan application pipeline, ensuring compliance with federal and state regulations as well as company processes and procedures
- Maintain required NMLS and State Licensing in states where Knock is licensed to originate mortgage loans, including any required continuing education
- Promote a culture that puts People First, with an emphasis on best-in-class customer service
- Continually learn, grow, and expand your knowledge while also supporting others’ learning; act as a mentor and be a resource for others inside and outside of your team
- Take on ad-hoc projects as they arise and always be willing to support your team where they need you
Qualifications - You’ll Bring:
- A minimum of 2 years recent experience in the mortgage industry with an emphasis on purchase loans
- Active NMLS license
- Proficiency in FNMA and FHLMC guidelines - familiarity with non-conforming (jumbo) a plus
- Experience using Encompass, Optimal Blue, and Customer Relationship Management Systems
- Education: High school or equivalent experience
- You are comfortable with change and working in a fast-paced, startup environment
- You are a team player and a fantastic communicator - naturally inclined to deliver amazing customer service
- Belief in creating diverse, equitable, and inclusive practices and programs that will further Knock’s commitment to making an impact, learning, putting people first, being open, and courageous
- Have proven success working 100% remote in prior positions & are experienced working with a distributed, national team
- We encourage you to apply even if you don’t have every listed requirement
- Set up and constantly operate a computer
- Communicate and exchange accurate information to others via telephone or internet video applications
The candidate must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Our Compensation Philosophy: As a fully remote (U.S.-based) workforce, our goal is to ensure that all Knockstars are fairly compensated. Please note that the salary range information that follows is a good faith estimate for this position provided pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act for Colorado applicants. The salary range estimate for this position is: $60,000.00 USD + incentive program (bonus). This position is evergreen and does not expire.
The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package & benefits, will be at the company’s sole discretion, and determined by factors including but not limited to years of experience, job level, geographic location, and other relevant business considerations. The company also reserves the right to amend or modify this job description, employee perks, and benefits at any time. Employees eligible for bonus and/or commission will be provided details in the offer letter.
Enjoying Life & Making an Impact:
- Since our founding in 2015, Knock has and continues to offer a 100% remote work culture
- Top tier medical, dental, & vision premiums for full time employees starting on the first day of employment
- Flexible Paid Time Off for full time employees
- Paid parental leave for all full time employees: 12 weeks paid parental leave for the birthing parent, 6 weeks paid parental leave for the non-birthing parent
- $1,000 annually for professional development
- Life, AD&D and Disability insurance for full time employees
- 401K (noncontributory by Knock) for all employees
- $75 monthly allowance for health & wellness
- Up to $400 monthly for a co-working space for eligible employees
- $100 monthly allowance for home internet, mobile phone or other communication devices
- $2,500 referral bonus for eligible employees
Knock provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable US federal, state, or local laws.
Internal Employees: If you are a current employee, do not apply here - please navigate to our Internal Job Board in Greenhouse to apply to our open roles.External Applicants: If you are interested in applying to this position - click the "apply now" button.
We are proud to be a remote, distributed company with employees across 17 states and counting. This is an amazing opportunity to be an integral part of building a multi-billion dollar consumer brand in an industry that is long overdue for a new way of doing things. You will be working with a passionate team that is disrupting the status quo.
Knock, and its subsidiaries, are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and equitable environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable US federal, state, or local laws.
Please no recruitment firm or agency inquiries, you will not receive a reply from us.
PDF is our preferred format for resumes and any other attachments. Thank you!