Sr. Publisher Sales Manager
Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as Internet of Things and AR/VR.
What we do
Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, looking at a gym on ClassPass, sending your snaps on Snap, tracking your personal best on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We’re changing how people move by live-mapping the world. We are the developer platform for location.
In 2019, Mapbox made a considerable investment in the platform to support the Japanese market, including the integration of best-in-class Zenrin data and supporting the launch of Yahoo! JAPAN’s new maps for millions of people. Today, the demand for Mapbox in Japan is growing as we become the leading Japanese platform for maps and locations.
Mapbox Japan has built the world’s first map-based DSP (“demand side platform”), enabling developers to monetize maps in their own apps. We are committed to delivering best real-time and relevant location-based advertisements globally. We aim to provide advertisements that are relevant, personalized, and scalable.
What You'll Do?
- Developing a publisher sales strategy that drives accelerated business growth
- Continuously prospecting for new business using your existing network of relationships and creating new relationships
- Lead sales efforts through all aspects of the sales cycle, including relationship initiation, negotiation, and closing
- Initiate, structure and negotiate high impact partnerships with publishers across Japan
- Acquire new partners and maximize the existing relationships:
- Build and manage an active pipeline of new publishers / partners
- Leverage existing publisher relationships and proactively look for upselling opportunities using new product features
- Proactively seek market feedback on the Mapbox Ad platform and work closely with the product team to help develop market-leading features
What We Believe Are Important Traits for This Role
- Native level Japanese skills and business level English skills
- 5+ years of sales or business development experience in a advertising technology industry
- Experience in structuring and negotiating deals / strategic partnerships within the Japan market
- Experience independently building, pursuing and closing a large pipeline of deals
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment and consistently learn, adapt, and develop
Nice to have
- Existing connections with publishers in Japan
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
MAPBOX WILL NOT ACCEPT CANDIDATE INTRODUCTIONS FROM 3RD PARTY RECRUITMENT AGENCIES FOR THIS POSITION.
Something looks off?