Map Editor, Drivers Feedback
Mapbox is the leading real-time location platform for a new generation of location-aware businesses. Mapbox is the only platform that equips organizations with the full set of tools to power the navigation of people, packages, and vehicles everywhere. More than 3.9 million registered developers have chosen Mapbox because of the platform’s flexibility, security, and privacy compliance. Organizations use Mapbox applications, data, SDKs, and APIs to create customized and immersive experiences that delight their customers.
High-quality data is the foundation of all Mapbox products. Data RAVE is a key division inside Mapbox, which is responsible for acquiring, processing, and delivering high quality location-oriented data to enable internal and external Сustomers. Drivers Feedback Team is responsible for triaging and fixing data on the map based on feedback sent by our customers using our navigation and search products, as well as improving navigation/search experience by defining software related issues.
What You'll Do
- You will review a large amount of feedback from customers to improve their experience
- You will do a root-cause analysis using various data sources and tools (ex.: routing behavior, telemetry data, data on the map) to understand the customers’ issues;
- You will make high quality edits on OSM and other data sources based on guidelines;
- You will tightly interact with teammates, related product and engineering teams to improve current tools, workflows, products and services
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- Proficiency in English, ability to communicate clearly in written and verbal communication, read and write documentation. (B1 and above). Please, indicate the level of English proficiency in your CV;
- Knowledge of traffic rules for qualitative analysis of traffic situations and modeling driver behavior or use-cases (ideally, driving license or completed driving school);
- OSM data model understanding and editing experience (or other services), interest in cartography and navigation;
- Ability to work in a team and high communicative skills;
- Ability to execute monotonous work in large volumes on a high level of personal efficiency;
- Ability to stay focused on a repetitive work during a working day, keeping high quality and accuracy of data processing;
- Presence of logic, ability to reason and act independently;
- Analytical mindset and ability to identify common patterns in large volumes of information;
- Resistant to stress in a rapidly changing situation;
- A quick learner, ability to switch between projects with different workflow or instructions, multi-tasking.
- Relevant domain knowledge
- Experience in geographic information systems (ArcGIS, QGIS, MapInfo);
- Experience working in IT-sphere or completed IT-courses for understanding communication culture and processes in high-technology international company;
- Interest in developing their skills and expanding competencies within working domain;
- Knowledge of Jira and Confluence
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Something looks off?