Senior Data Engineer, Roads
Mapbox is the leading real-time location platform for a new generation of location-aware businesses. Mapbox is the only platform that equips organizations with the full set of tools to power the navigation of people, packages, and vehicles everywhere. More than 3.9 million registered developers have chosen Mapbox because of the platform’s flexibility, security, and privacy compliance. Organizations use Mapbox applications, data, SDKs, and APIs to create customized and immersive experiences that delight their customers.
Joining us as a Data Engineer, you'll play a key role in one of the aspects of developing software/tech for best in class road features, navigation, and high definition maps. You'll bring your experience and skills to our exciting project within a competent, cross-functional, passionate and self-organized team.
What You'll Do
- Take ownership, improve, scale and iterate on existing data processing pipelines
- Design and implement new data processing pipelines;
- Collect and monitor performance metrics;
- Play a central role in discussing and implementing security best practices.
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- Good knowledge of at least one programming language (Python, Scala, Java);
- Hands-on experience with Spark / PySpark;
- Comfortable with SQL, good understanding of SQL engine basics;
- Proficient understanding of distributed computing principles;
- Experience with workflow management tools (Airflow, Oozie, Luigi);
- Experience with AWS services, in particular S3, EC2, IAM, EMR, Glue, Athena, Kinesis;
- Experience with Hadoop (or similar) Ecosystem;
- Be able to explain their position and give arguments for certain decisions;
- Creative, resourceful and innovative problem solver;
- Good communication skills in English, both written and spoken.
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Something looks off?